Set up

"You still sulking?" Jace asked when you appeared next to him and swiped your finger across the huge screen in front of you.

"I'm not sulking." You snapped grumpily. He laughed and shook his head causing you to roll your eyes and hit his crossed arms. "You didn't have to take my Downworlder down."

"You missed your mark and almost got a stinger in the neck!" Jace gasped with frustration as you began to walk away, he rolled his eyes and followed you, he ran his hands through his hair when you ignored him.

"She still mad at you?" Alec asked as Jace passed him on the way to where ever it was you were storming off to.

"When is she not mad at me." He grunted in response. "(Y/N) will you just... I'm sorry." He jerked back when you slammed a door in his face, it took him a few seconds to realise you'd shut yourself in one of the bathrooms, physically blocking him from teasing you anymore.

****************************************

The playful arguments continued to the point that your siblings began plotting ways to get you and Jace to talk to each other, locking the two of you in a room, was the best idea that they'd come up with. As you wondered to your room, Izzy followed you, signalling for Alec to bring Jace along as quickly as possible.

"Hey Jace can you go get (Y/N)?" Alec as nonchalantly.

"Why can't you do it?" The blond asked as he narrowed his eyes at his Parabati. Alec rolled his eyes and tilted his head as he looked at Jace.

"When do my sisters listen to me?" Seeming satisfied with Alec's respond, Jace nodded and jogged to your room.

"Alec want's you." He said as he burst into the room without knocking. Your grumbled and flopped your head back, telling both Jace and Izzy that Alec needed to relax, Izzy took this opportunity to slip out of the room and the pair of you snapped your heads to the door when it clicked shut.

After several attempt to yank the door open you began pounding on the door, to make things worse Izzy had managed to get your Stele and Jace had left his with Alec.

"We're not letting you out until you admit you love each other." Alec yelled through the door. You went quiet as the clip clop of your sister's heels told you that you were securely enclosed with Jace, who was furiously glaring at you.

You growled under your breath and flounced across the room, slumping on the white leather sofa that was facing away from Jace, who found purchase on the corner of your bed. For the first hour neither of you spoke, each determined to survive your siblings' odd torcher, at least until Jace began pacing and muttering under his breath.

"Will you sit your making me dizzy." You grumbled on his fourth lap of your room.

"I can't believe you don't have a secret stash of weapons on here... or any training equipment." He snapped. When you turned to look at him he was inspecting your bookcase as if he hoped to find a hidden weapons supply.

"They're just books Jace... leave my room alone." You jumped over the sofa and attempted to cradle your books away from him, as if to protect them from his rough assault, this only made him shake his head and roll his eyes as he returned to his position on the foot of your bed.

"What good are books... by the angel, this is your fault Lightwood." He snapped. He watched you carefully place your books back and turn to face him, hands on hips, with a sour face that was rivalled only by Alec.

"My fault you clearly said something to Alec to make him act like this." You huffed.

"No Lightwood, you're the reason we're in here, always blushing when I take my shirt off or laughing at things I say and you're forever smiling and pretending to fight me... stupid cute face." He pointed an accusing finger at you before slowly realising your brother and sister might have been right, but he certainly wasn't going to give any one the satisfaction of being under his skin.

"My fault, you show of and get super jealous whenever I talk to anyone, oh and I'll not mention the constant over protectiveness you. are. Worse. Than. Alec." The last part was punctuated with a jab to his chest with each word.

He rolled his tongue over his bottom lip and drug his lip through his teeth unable to tell if he wanted to kiss you or hit you, not that he would hurt you, just things that made him this made were usually demons.

"Well next time I'll let you get hurt." He huffed. Another half hour ticked by before you spoke again, you offered to split the lunch Izzy had brought to you seeing as it was almost time to eat anyway.

"Thanks." He muttered hoarsely. Nodding, you chose silence was the best option, whether you were friends or not was certainly in the balance and now you were pretty sure you had not chance with Jace.

Eventually you began falling asleep, something Jace noticed when your head fell onto his shoulder, so he shifted so you were snuggled into his side.

"You're so beautiful when you sleep." He whispered, mostly to himself, as he stroked your hair from your face and began gently caressing your face with his fingertips.

"Jace stop it I'm sleepy." You grumbled trying, unsuccessfully, to stop his gentle touch.

"And your grumpy... whoa super grumpy." He laughed as you sprang up and slammed a cushion into his chest. He grabbed one of his own and soon the two of you were laughing and joking again.

Voices outside your room had the both of you thumping on the door and yelling to be let out. Jace sighed when no one came to let you both out, you turned to face him and pouted a little, his heart began to beat a little faster and his palms felt damp.

"Hey guys I'm going to let you both out but you..." Alec had begun opening the door but in one movement Jace had stepped into your body, slammed the door and crushed his lips to yours.