Just Another Shadowhunter

Alec rolled his eyes and slung you over his shoulder. Cheering you up was an excellent excuse to go and see Magnus, plus he didn't mind hanging around with you after the whole wedding ordeal, nothing had changed apart from your continuous history questions that he had to ask Magnus.

She didn't question him as he lugged her all the way to Magnus', the warlock chuckling and presenting you with a strong drink. Once you'd drunk enough to slid down and plop your head in Magnus' lap while your feet lent on Alec's shoulder they coaxed out of you why you looked so down.

"I'm dating the best Shadowhunter of our generation and I'm just another Shadowhunter." You sighed.

"A very important Shadowhunter." Magnus corrected with a playful tap to the end of your nose, making you smile.

"Yeah, I mean your aim with the confetti needs some work." Alec snickered still not letting you live down whooping and chucking confetti on him as he made out with Magnus.

"Weddings have to have confetti it's like a Mundie law or something." You say seriously which makes Alec laugh harder.

"Why does being just another Shadowhunter matter?" Magnus asked making Alec groan. "Should I have not asked?"

"Because Clary's all bouncy and good with runes and flirts with Jace and Izzy is so pretty that compared to her even if I made and effort I'd look like the Mundie..." you paused as Alec muttered 'Vampire' "that Clary hangs out with and it's like... why is he even with me."

"In all my years I've never seen such a sad sight... Shadowhunters' with self-doubt... unnatural." Magnus muttered to himself as he got up and rummaged around.

"This is so strong." You mumble to Alec who drug his gaze away from Magnus and to you, now sipping his drink.

"(Y/N) I'm twice your size so I can handle more." He smirked when you scrunched your nose.

"Blugh logic." You shook your head at him and jumped when Magnus was suddenly in front of you with a nice looking necklace.

"Take this ask him why he's with you and he'll tell you the truth... he'll have to." Magnus said quickly placing the necklace around your neck and shooing you out of the building.

"Does it actually work?" Alec pondered.

"Oh of course not but she won't know that and Jace is far too proud to let another Shadowhunter give his (Y/N) gifts." Magnus winked and showed the Idris jewellery box.

*************************************************

"You have to tell me the truth." You say making Jace jump and stop midway through a move.

"Make some noise when you're walking... where'd you get that?" He asked eyeing the necklace he'd seen in his last trip to Idris.

"A friend... but that doesn't matter, why are you with me?" You sigh.

"Because you snuck up on me... babe really who gave you that?" Jace's eyes darted over the few Shadowhunters that were milling around to see if any were giving you a little too much attention.

"Just answer me properly Jace... I'm not pretty and I'm not skilled and I can't fight like you..." You trailed off when he frowned and dumped his weapon on the floor.

"You really think all that?" Jace mumbled and you nodded. "Don't tell her but Izzy looks like a little girl playing dress up compared to you."

"You didn't tell me..." You trail of when he kissed you hard enough to knock the wind out of you and lifted you off your feet.

"Because you're... you." He said lamely.

"I think this is broken." You say with a pout and go to take it off.

"It's good on you... I was going to buy it for you." He admitted. "You put up with me being such an idiot and training Clary, which I was scared about because she's a girl and I'm a guy but you totally got that she needed training and then the whole Alec thing..."

"Your insecure like me!" you squeaked a little to happily.

"Yeah... I'm just another Shadowhunter and I don't know why you're with me, I'm glad you are though." He kissed you and smiled against your lips. "I wouldn't want anyone else."