Hidden feelings

You smiled when you saw Jace and Izzy talking to the new Shadowhunter, Alec had been insistent that you kept a distance until they could 'check her out' but, you were never the one to follow Alec's orders.

"Hey guys." You said cheerfully as you joined them. Izzy instantly linked her arm with yours while Jace simply nodded at you before turning back to the angry looking redhead in front of him.

"That's Clary, she's going to defeat Valentine." Izzy whispered in your ear. "Anyway, we have work to do so we'll see you later." Izzy said the last part loud enough for everyone to hear and again Jace simply nodded at you.

"Wow she was um..." Simon turned to face the other two and pointed after you and Izzy. "Really hot, like hotter than Izzy." Clary shot Simon with a disbelieving look while Jace's face stayed stern but the deadly look in his eyes was clear as day.

"Simon!" Clary snapped. He glanced at his best friend, dragging his eyes away from your back, and shrugged apologetically as he waited for Clary and Jace to keep talking.

************************************************

Jace frowned and crossed his arms stroppily when you walked past his room, you were still pulling the jumper you'd borrowed from Izzy over your head, he followed you to the front doors and glared at Alec as he passed.

"You're going to let her out into the Mundane world dressed like that." Jace hissed. Alec frowned at Jace before leaning round the screen in front of him, looking between you and Jace, before shaking his head.

"She's wearing more than Izzy." Alec muttered to Jace who waved a disapproving hand in your direction.

"Anyway I need to meet Simon, there's a new star war... or something." You mumbled. You went to leave but was stopped when Jace tugged you into the weapons room and began sliding small blades into your pockets.

"I'm coming with you." He grunted. You crossed your arms as he indicated for you to continue on your way to meet Simon.

*********************************************************

"Hey Simon." You smiled and waved, glancing at Jace who smiled smugly, pointing to his glamour rune.

"Hey (Y/N) looking forward to the movie?" Simon asked. Jace was stood behind his shaking his head but you ignored him and nodded vigorously and followed Simon into the large building in front of you.

Simon forked out for your tickets and gave you a pair of plastic glasses with tinted plastic lenses. Jace dropped some money into your hand and pointed at a bucket of candy floss, grinning when you rolled your eyes but bought it anyway.

"Try and sit near an empty seat." Jace whispered as Simon led you into the next room. You weren't about to tell him but you were glad he'd decided to follow you, you'd been on plenty of missions in the mundane world, but never actually taken part in any Mundie activities.

"So you excited for the movie, here are our seats." Simon pointed to two seat sat the end of a row and you almost squealed when you sat down only to land on Jace's lap.

"Oh so excited!" You chuckled nervously, shoving your leather jacket over Jace's lap in an attempt to hid the fact that you were practically floating of your seat.

*****************************************************

"I like the dude in the black cloak." Jace whispered in your ear. You punched his shoulder resulting in a weird look from Simon. "Nearly got caught there (Y/N)" Jace whispered in your ear.

Every so often he'd whisper something in your ear and it was becoming increasingly difficult to pay attention to the film in front of you. You jumped and he chuckled leaning his chin on your shoulder as you huffed defensively.

The film ended and Simon lead you out to the exist. For a few minutes Jace vanished and you had almost forgotten about him when you and Simon grabbed a hot dog and headed back towards the institute.

"Well you two have a good time?" Jace asked as you both almost walked into him.

"Yeah we did, well I'm gonna go find Clary." Simon muttered and waved goodbye to you.

"I had a good time to." Jace winked as he jumped up the front steps two at a time. "We should go see another one, just you and me... no invisible cuddling." Jace murmured.

"How about no regular cuddling." You said with an eye roll. He held open the front door for you and you ducked under his arm, hoping to escape him, only for him to block your path and put your hands on your shoulders.

"But really next time you should go with me and not Simon, I don't want you getting hurt." Jace murmured. You both jumped when Alec cleared his throat.

"So... if you've finished professing your love, I need some help." He said looking at Jace who ducked his head and grinned sheepishly at you.

"Talk to you later." He muttered as he rubbed the back of his head. He lent forward and almost went to kiss you before pulling you into a tight hug and brushed his lips against your ear. "Next time I'd really like it to be just you and me, no monsters and stuff, we never get that kinda time together." He mumbled.

"Take out and movies on Alec's laptop?" you offered making him break out into a wide grin.

"I'll get his laptop and you get the food, see you later." He was suddenly bouncing on the balls of his feet as he walked away.

"Wow that was as close to I love you he has ever come." Izzy said from behind you. You jumped and span around, glaring at her.

"By the angel do you Lightwood's know how to make noise when you walk." You hissed.