The little wolf who cried

"We could ask Luke if he or the packs seen anything?" Alec offered as they walked together, planning to head out and mill around to see if anything interesting popped up.

"It's after school (Y/N) will be back from school, we'll have to stop by a toy store unless you want to take her with us?" Jace muttered as he pulled his phone from his pocket.

"I told you not to give her a toy every time you saw her." Alec chuckled although he knew for a fact that most of Max's clothes had been handed down to you and he'd enjoyed watching your face light up when he'd given you some of them.

"I know but the kids cute." Jace grumbled.

By the time, they'd arrived at the Jade Wolf you were bouncing impatiently by the door while Luke tried to go over papers that were sat in front of him, laughing when you clung to Jace's leg until he dangled a new toy just out of your reach.

"Hey, what do you say?" Luke asked when you excitedly dropped to the floor to tear into the packaging.

"Thank you Jace." You mumbled before Alec cleared his throat. "Thank you, Alec."

"You're welcome." Alec muttered as they sat with Luke.

"Something's going on with the demons, they're after blood... here, this is all the information I've got so far but you might want to look around now and then check it out later." Luke rolled his eyes when you insisted that you sat next to Jace and got him to hold your pencils while you coloured in.

"Can I go with them?" You asked and they all looked at you.

"Don't you want to go see Clary and Simon?" Luke asked and you crinkled your nose.

"I wanna go with Jace, I like the fizzy apple juice." This had the blond avoiding looking at your alpha who chuckled and nodded.

"Fine but it's Clary's birthday so you have to at the police station by dinner time." He warned and you nodded, hurrying to get into black jeans, boots and a matching t-shirt.

"You make a good Shadowhunter." Alec muttered to you, crouching down to help you tie the laces on your boots while Jace and Luke finished talking.

"So, who's Clary and Simon?" Jace asked curiously as he set a drink in front of you, having followed a demon he thought might help.

"They're Mundanes that Luke knows, I like Clay she draws and has hair like me and she's always happy." You smiled and blew bubbles in your drink.

"Oh, cool." Jace muttered, glancing over at the demon he'd been tailing.

"You know he knows you're there." You told Jace who glanced at you. "You smell like angel blood and also you look like one."

"Oh yeah, you know what you look like?" Jace asked, making a face as he thought of something.

"A beautiful werewolf princess who's going to be late for a party." Alec muttered, jerking his head to the door. "I found the one we're looking for and got Izzy to pull up any activity so we can follow it up tonight, shouldn't be big."

"I don't want to go, Jocey makes me eat my vegetables." You grumbled, both boys chuckled and motioned for you to follow them.

"Come on you can take your drink." Jace grabbed your cup and popped the lid on as you grabbed a straw and followed Alec outside.

Jace dropped you off while Alec headed back to find Izzy, you reluctantly clung to Jace while Luke met you outside.