Jace

"So you and Jace... You're just together now?" Alec asked as you waited for Magnus to come back with the book you'd been sent to fetch.

"Yeah, why?" You asked before sighing and leaning against the back of the sofa.

"Are you sure he's the best person to date I mean..." Alec started but stopped when you shot him a glare and held his hands up. "Fine do what you like!"

"Thank you, I will and I'll enjoy myself while I'm at it." You chuckled when he rolled his eyes and pulled a face.

"Hey so I'm gonna go look around are you still waiting for Magnus?" Jace called from outside.

"Yeah." You called back and Jace laughed.

"You want to come with me, I'm sure we can scare up some fun?" Jace called and you almost went until Alec grabbed your arm.

"Jace that is entirely unethical and (Y/N) would not do something that could get her into trouble." Alec said firmly.

"Your face is unethical." Jace grumbled back as he headed back to the street.

"That doesn't even make sense." Alec sighed after Magnus had given you the book you needed and the pair of you had headed off to find Jace.

"So, why're you so grumpy?" You asked Alec as he stomped forward, unusual silence fell between the two of you.

"I am not grumpy." Alec defended and you glanced over at him.

"You're so grumpy and you have been since I started dating Jace." You shook your head and grinned when he rolled his eyes.

"I just don't want you to get hurt is that such a big deal?" Alec sighed and he shrugged and scowled at you.

"You're aware I am a Shadowhunter right?" You scoffed and jogged ahead, turning back to look at him. "I can look after myself."

"Yes, but not if you blindly follow Jace into trouble." Alec said and smirked when you shrugged.

"I can follow him where ever I want because I know my besties got my back." You teased and jogged off to meet Jace at the end of the road.

"That doesn't mean you should willingly get into trouble!" Alec called back.