Set up (Part Two)

Unfortunately for your siblings their plan had backfired. Now that you and Jace knew you both liked each other a shy awkwardness had settled over the two of you and everything had become a competition.

It didn't matter if it was training, answering questions or getting somewhere first. At first Izzy had convinced Alec that it was nothing, and for a while he believed her, until Jace nearly broke several ribs while showing off on a mission which led to him banning you from assisting with anything that involved Jace.

"Where are you going?" Alec asked as you tried to sneak past your older brother. You span around and smiled sweetly at him which made his suspicious mind whir.

"Nowhere, everywhere... what's it to you?" You asked as you peeked over his shoulder at the list of missions on the board.

"I'm your brother and I'm also in charge until mother says otherwise." He said with a raised eyebrow.

"Well I'm only a year younger than you so neh to you." Your childish face and stuck out tongue had Alec raising his eyebrows so high you were pretty sure they'd shoot off his face.

"Fine... there's a mission near Brooklyn park, take Izzy with you... hey are you listening?" He jerked his arms around when you walked off to the weapons room with a simple dismissive wave in his direction/

"I'll be fine one my own Alec." You said sweetly as you armed yourself. He sighed but knew there was no way to get through to you so he let you go, after a few seconds of the portal glowing Alec pulled his phone from his pocket and dialled Jace's' number.

"What's up?" Jace asked quickly as he headed back towards the hidden portal area.

"(Y/N)'s not too far from you..." Alec started to explain.

"You want me to tail her and make sure she's ok?" Jace muttered, ducking round a corner as he happened across you.

"Do you think you can find her?" Alec asked quickly.

"Yeah I don't think that's going to be a problem." Jace chuckled as he hung up and began slinking his way through the shadows.

He was impressed with the fluidity of your movements among the Mundaines', you seemed to fit in with them as if you were one of them, his eyes sought out the demon you were no doubt heading towards and quickly noticed you were going the wrong way.

By the time you'd realized your mistake you were in an abandoned building and the demon had snuck up behind you, it burst into copper sparks as you began to feel dizzy.

"No (Y/N) come on your strong don't you dare..." He stopped as you passed out and caught you. "Pass out." He finished, making sure you were securely in his grip, as he carried you towards the portal area.

*******************************************

Alec had screamed at Jace for a good hour, Izzy followed with her own rant not long after that, neither could stay angry with him as he sat by your side clutching your hand. He'd been told you should be waking up soon and there was no way he was going to leave until he could see your recovery for himself.

"Ouch... oh my neck what happened?" You gasped as you sat up. Jace was instantly pushing himself from his chair and cupping your face with his hands, searching for any sign that you might suddenly relapse.

"You got hit by a demon and passed out, the healers got you fixed up pretty good but you're going to need rest." Jace explained quickly. Alec stopped in the doorway as Jace placed a gentle kiss on your lips and pulled away with a huge grin.

"I... Love you Jace." You whispered. He smirked and tried to get you to lie down.

"I love you to... will you let me take care of you." He said softly as he kissed you again and pushed you to lay on the bed while stroking your forehead.