You Heard Angel

The day Clary arrived upended your whole world. You trained alone while Jace used your normal training time to teach Clary, the made up runes you'd carefully draw on him faded and were replaced with proper ones so he could show Clary how they worked.

Even your nights were spent alone, without your best friend's arms wrapped around you. It was made worse by the hot burning flush that ran through you whenever her musical voice let out a giggle and she'd lean into him.

"Oh Jace you're so funny." Your voice was high pitched and girl as you scrunched your nose in disgust.

"Wow... that, are you jealous?" Alec asked with a tight smirk.

"What of her, little bouncy untrained redhead who's only hope of survival is to cling onto Jace while talking in a real flirty voice?" You glared at Alec and shook your head. "Not a chance."

"Ok, I'm going to leave." Alec chuckled and left you to glare at the two training Shadowhunters.

A sweaty Jace bounded up to you, tugging his shirt and throwing it at you, laughing and trying to wrap his arms around you as you laughed and squealed while he fought your attempt to keep his sweaty body from encasing you.

"Come one (Y/N) you know you want me to hug you." Jace yelled.

"No... no, Jace stop... ok you win." You giggled.

"Never!" He grinned when you tried to duck around him and turned you by your waist.

The two of you raced to the training room where Clary watched the two of you wrestling until she stormed off, leaving the two of you alone. He pinned you down, grinning when you flipped him over and plopped yourself onto his stomach.

"By the angel..." Jace mumbled as he pushed your hair out of your face. He slowly pulled you down to kiss him, sighing contently when he let you pull away. "You are so jealous of Clary."

"What I am not!" You yelped and hit his chest.

"Ow ok, look all I'm saying is you watched me the entire time I was training with her and you're now sat on me and I'm half naked." Jace watched your cheeks flush. "Come on (Y/N) admit it."

"I'm not saying anything." You huffed as your cross your arms over your chest, his hands snaking up to rest on your hips.

"You're in love with me!" Jace sang, dragging out each word.

"Oh yeah well you're in love with me." You teased right back.

"I know." He muttered.

"What?" You asked, eyes wide at his solemn comment. He wiggled his eyebrows and jumped up, catching you when he flipped you into the air.

"You heard Angel." He mumbled as he kissed your cheek and set you down so he could shower.