fake sister

Alec and Izzy were looking at you in horror. Everyone knew that you were a Lightwood, your eyes were the exact same shade as Alec's, your hair was such a dark copper that it was almost black. Sure your hair was a little fairer than your siblings but you were a Lightwood.

"Your wrong." You gasped at your mother who was stood in front of you with a stony face. "Demons are liars Valentine is not my father." You screamed and turned to flee the room, you could hear Clary chirping away in Izzy's ear in an attempt to understand what was going on.

"(Y/N)!" Alec yelled as he jogged after you. You were a year younger than Alec, that meant your mother must have known Valentine was still alive and kept it quiet.

"Leave me alone Alec." You snapped. Your older brother ignored you and picked you up in his arms, making you laugh despite the current situation, before plopping you down.

"As mad as we all are, this is on Mom, not you." Alec offered. You scowled at his logical answer to the problem.

"Now she's going to make me bond with Clary." You grumbled. Alec laughed at your pout but knew you weren't serious.

"Izzy's taking it bad and I really don't think Jace cares that much." Alec said when you tried to shrugged him off again. You burst into tears and let your brother hug you and it wasn't long before Izzy had jogged up the corridor to join the hug.

***************************************************

Despite their insistence that they weren't fazed by the new discovery but they avoided you. Izzy would smile but it was a tense smile and even Jace was flippant with you, eventually you gave up, choosing to hide in your room to avoid the stares.

"Hey... you in here, (Y/N)?" Izzy tapped on the door quietly and opened the door. When you looked up you saw Robert, the man you had thought was your father, he smiled and sat down next to you.

"Why aren't you mad at me?" You croaked as you let him sit you up and wrapped his arms around your shoulders. Izzy clicked off her heels and climbed into bed with you smiling when you let her take your hand.

"Well, your mother asked everyone to keep this quiet and Alec felt that continuing with her secret would be dishonourable... in the eyes of the Clave you are and always will be a Lightwood." He waited for the inevitable snappy response that only you would dare throw back at him.

"That doesn't explain why your both here with me and it doesn't stop me being a monster." You huffed.

"Why are you a monster, because someone else chose to do the wrong thing, how many times has Jace done the wrong thing... did you or your siblings ever leave his side?" Robert kissed your forehead and stood to leave when Jace flounced into the room and dropped onto the bed.

"I love these family chats; they just fill me with self-confidence." He grinned at you and Izzy before tucking his hands behind his head and closing his eyes.

"Alec's talking with Mom at the moment and we only went over Mom's head and told Dad because you were shutting us out." Izzy explained quickly.

"Yeah the only problem you have now is being sisters with my girlfriend... can I demote you to best friend rather than fake sister." Jace asked with a wink. Izzy kicked the blond who chuckled and moved when an exhausted Alec wondered into the room, his arms full of junk food and a laptop.

"Movies and dinner in bed... or is it still..." You cut Alec off and beckoned him towards the rest of you.

"It's fine... I love you guys." You muttered. Jace snorted and accused you of being soppy while Alec and Izzy promised that they loved you back no matter what.

"I'll leave you four to it... (Y/N) don't forget we all love you, we're not going anywhere." Robert said firmly.

You nodded and settled down between your siblings as they began fighting over what movie they wanted to watch, valentine far from your minds, as they attempted to show you that family really did mean everything to them.