Magnus' Witchlet (Part Three)

Magnus couldn't help but laugh as he shooed your late night visitor away. For years he'd tried to encourage your rebellious side but all it took Jace was a few whispered words and you were vanishing to see him at the drop of a hat.

"Honestly (Y/N) it's three in the morning, you said he'd gone home hours ago." Magnus laughed.

"He did... then he came back." You admitted with a grin.

"Behave or I'll forbid him from coming." Magnus pointed playfully at you as you headed back to your bedroom.

"You wouldn't?" You asked with wide eyes.

"I'd make you spend ALL your time with Clary's Mundie." Magnus' threat was a joke but the thought of spending time with the boy, who attempted to learn as much about Warlocks as he could when he was with you, had you nodding.

"I won't I promise." You said quickly.

******************************************************

"Hey guys what's up?" You asked when you 'happened' across the group hanging around the gate to the city of bones.

"Hey you, not much... waiting." Izzy admitted as she linked her fingers with yours and swung her legs against the tomb you were sat on.

"Does Magnus know you're out here?" Alec asked nervously when he glanced up, away from Simon who was gawking at you.

"He knows I'm about." You answered without really answering him.

"(Y/N) ..." Alec went to tell you off but Jace and Clary hurried through the gates.

You went to jump onto Jace's back and make him jump but he turned and caught you, a smug grin on his face telling you he knew you were already there. He refused to set you down as the group decided what to do next, a soppy grin on Jace's face as you trailed your fingers over his runes.

Eventually it was agreed that Magnus would have more answers for the newly uncovered information and he set you down so you could walk, arm linked with Izzy's, as you dawdled along with her.

"Hey... (Y/N), I have a question." Simon chirped and Jace glanced back to the three of you, Izzy noted the unmissable jealousy burn through Jace's gaze.

Eventually Jace slowed down, his chest hitting Simon's shoulder when he refused to move and threw his arm around you as Simon stumbled, only regaining his footing when Clary grabbed him. He kept you tucked closely under his arm the entire trip back to Brooklyn.

"Hey... Witchlet, I like you... a lot." Jace said awkwardly as everyone else headed into the penthouse, slowly dipping his head to press a soft kiss to your lips.

"I love you to Jace." You mumbled back, letting him lift you off your feet to deepen the kiss.