I look outside the glass window. It was already morning, the sun was shining over New York like a giant floodlight. I was captivated by the morning light as realization dawned on me. Why did I say 15 minutes?

..............................

Shit. Shit. Shit. I'm late. Why did I say 15 minutes?!

I ran as fast as I could until I could finally see the base's main building. By the time I reached the building, I was already 4 hours late. I had to commute all the way from New York to L.A!

I stare at the building in front of me. It was no longer in mirror mode, alerting me of the recruits who just came in. Walking in, I hear a bunch of noises. The sound of bodies being dropped? Groans? Laughter? Are we being attacked?

I quickly entered, and I was blessed with the a strange sight. A bunch of kids beating up our security.

What the hell? These are probably the recruits. I guess they chose the 'beat everyone' way. Then I recognized one of the security guards, who doesn't belong with the rest...

Is that Atali in a security guard outfit? I guess she's supposed to handle this batch. Meaning, this is the last one. I guess, I'll just sneak away.

I was about to quietly slip through without alerting anyone or anything when I heard a very familiar voice.

"A tomahawk, huh? A great choice. But I prefer my battle axe."

That voice. That fucking voice. I know that voice. Memories flashed in my head, taking me in a rollercoaster ride through my previous years. It was like watching through a kaleidescope. Her face appeared so many times, my head started to hurt.

Immediately, I whip my towards the source of the voice. It was the blonde girl fighting Atali. Slowly, the realization crept up on me like a jumpscare. Golden blonde hair. Sapphire blue eyes. That fierce personality. That fucking axe...

Of course I know who she is. I've known here since I was twelve. I was friends with her until I went missing. She was my first, and best friend. Of course, she would come looking for me. Once she puts her mind on something, she won't give up until she reaches that goal. But why is she here? Why the fuck does she have to be here?!

Astrid, what in Helheim are you doing here?

.........................................

[Normal P.O.V]

"Mr. Fury! Sir!" Thuggory Dukas, one of Night Fury's assigned recruit, called for him.

Night Fury blinked, waking up from his thoughts. He looked ahead of him, meeting Thuggory in the face, who was about the same height as him.

"Sir, are you alright?" He asked, wondering why his eyes were furrowed. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that he was scowling.

Night Fury must've noticed. "Oh, I'm sorry. It's nothing. Why did you call me?" He questioned.

"It's our turn to use the sparring area. The other team is done." Eret popped in.

Night Fury nods in response, as they head towards the sparring area. They passed Dagur's team where Tristan was giggling like a little kid while the rest of Dagur's team were exhausted and tired. Dagur lifts an eyebrow at Night Fury, who just snorts in reply.

"Okay, Dukas and Eretson, and "DeRanged and Hofferson. You'll be paired up with each other for a sparring match." Night Fury explained, crossing his arms. Astrid raised her hand for a question, where Night Fury nodded to her.