My Japanese Stalker (Yandere!Ginoza x Fem!Reader)

Written FreekoTreeko on AO3
Original published January 2020
Word Count: 2058

If flowers still existed in the manner that they did before Sibyl, [Y/N] would be compared to a rose. She was a beautiful young woman who had joined the Criminal Investigation Department after the death of her father. She wanted to help rid the world of threats to society. She didn’t know what she had expected when she was assigned to her first set of Enforcers, but it certainly wasn’t what she got. Most of them seemed green, like they had only just become Enforcers. There was only one exception.  

Nobuchika Ginoza was an attractive young man with a tall, slender, yet muscular build with green eyes and trimmed black hair. [Y/N] learned he had been an Inspector for some time before being demoted to an Enforcer. 

“Ginoza?” [Y/N] called for him from her desk as she finished reading over everyone’s file. She knew that he was, according to most Inspectors, nothing more than a dog, but she wanted to get to know her team. They were going to be spending a lot of time together from here on out.  

The young man looked up hearing his name and his piercing gaze studied her before he stood and approached her silently.  

“I read your file.” She said gingerly. That was a very common thing for people in her position to do.  “I am sorry to hear about your father. I also lost my father to the criminal underworld that we face so I know how hard it must have been for you.” She said honestly.  

Ginoza looked her over like he was sizing her up. She seemed to be the type that was honest to a fault. “I was holding him in my arms when he died.” He said as the scene began to replay in his head. “I will not lose anyone like that again.  

[Y/N] felt a shiver run down her spine. It was a promise to keep the team safe, but she could feel an underlying threat to his words. None-the-less, [Y/N] managed to give him a smile. “I look forward to working with you.” She said kindly.  

“Likewise, Inspector [L/N].” He said before returning to his seat. He could feel the Inspector's eyes still on him, but he didn’t turn around. She seemed so delicate and fragile, she needed protecting. 

[Y/N] frowned as soon as he couldn’t see her face. There was something off about him, but she just couldn’t pin it. Maybe it was just her training warning her that he was a latent criminal and she shouldn’t trust him, maybe she was just being overly cautious, but she had decided then and there to keep a close eye on him.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Overtime, and after a few tough cases, [Y/N] let her guard down and allowed herself to have a friendly working relationship with her team, Ginoza included. Sure, she had been suspicious of his behavior at first, but it couldn’t hurt to treat him with civility, he was a human being after all. She admired his work ethic and his take charge attitude; he had taken it upon himself on their first case to keep the others in line as her self-appointed second in command. 

“Inspector [L/N].” Ginoza called from roughly 2 feet behind her. “A few of us are getting together for drinks once our shift is over. I wanted to invite you along. You work such long hours; you  deserve a chance to relax.” 

[Y/N] turned to him and gave him a melancholy smile as she shook her head. “I am sorry Ginoza, but I have to study for a certification.  Next time though I promise.” She said as she looked at him hoping that would be okay with him.