Not a Knight, a Prince (Nishinoya Yu x Himedere!Reader)

This story was requested by the_froppy. This is not exactly what you asked for but I hope you enjoy it all the same!

Himedere archetypes want to be treated like princesses by everyone, even if they are not actual royalty. Himedere characters may also act stuck up as a mask to hide insecurities.

[Y/N] walked into the second gymnasium with her head held high. She had recently accepted the position of Karasuno boy's volleyball manager, and so far… life seemed good. The boys gave her tons of attention, especially Tanaka and Nishinoya: they walked her to class, walked her to practice, bought her lunch, then walked her home.

[Y/N] rather enjoyed the good life, she believed she deserved to be treated like a goddess but never forgot her manners and never asked the boys to buy her things. She just didn't turn down the attention or gifts.

"[L/N]-chan!" Nishinoya called happily upon seeing the [H/C]-haired woman entered the gym before bounding over to her. "You look exceptionally cute today!"

[Y/N] grinned and tossed her hair dramatically over her shoulder he. "Tell me something I don't know." She said winking at him as she stuck her hand on her hip.

Nishinoya didn't seem to mind that [Y/N] had one of those 'I'm hot and I know it' kind of attitudes. He was completely smitten for her. She spoke to him, smiled at him, looked in his direction, unlike his once beloved Shizumi. She was like an angel descended from heaven and Nishinoya was her number one fan.

[Y/N] wasn't a bad kid, she just expected a certain lifestyle and Nishinoya got a lot of attention from her because he gave her what she craved the most.

"Hey [Y/N]! How about we get ice cream after practice, my treat!" Nishinoya asked as he watched her immensely hopeful.

She thought for a moment before finally nodding. "As long as it's good ice cream then I totally want to tag along with you." She could have sworn if he had a tail he would have flown away with how happy he looked.

"Awesome! I will practice extra hard and take you out when we are done." He said running to the court as [Y/N] took her seat next to Shizumi.

"Nishinoya-kun has taken quite a liking to you." The dark haired woman said absent-mindedly but [Y/N] sensed some underlying threat from her senpai.

"He has." [Y/N] stated rather plainly. She wasn't sure where this was going but she was nipping this in the bud now. "I don't know what you are thinking Shizumi-senpai but if you think I'm going take advantage of him, I'm not." She said firmly. "Noya is my friend, my loyal knight."

Shizumi watched her rather protective and cautious before finally giving another nod. "Just make sure you don't lead him on [L/N]-chan. I don't know that he wants to just be your knight. The way Nishinoya looks at you makes me think that he wants to be a prince or a king." She said calmly before returning to her notes for their practice, not noticing the light blush on the other female's cheeks as she watched the rambunctious male.

Why had she not thought about that even once this whole time? Nishinoya treated her even better than she thought she should be, he was always walking her home and treating her to nice evenings at the park. He had never once outright said that he liked her but the signs were all right there.

"Tonight… I will make sure he doesn't have to feel like he's being led on because I would never do thought to him." [Y/N] said to Shizumi as she got the water bottles and towels ready for the boys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Y/N] followed behind Nishinoya silently as they headed to Ukai's store to buy ice cream. Her mind was very much still focused on what Shizumi had said as well as the revelations she had made after.

"[L/N]-chan?" Nishinoya called watching her with worry in his eyes, revealing that he had been trying to have a conversation with her.

[Y/N] blinked as she came back to reality. "I'm sorry Noya, what did you say?" She asked, her eyes finally settling on him fully.

"I asked if you were feeling okay. You've been really quiet today and your eyebrows are furrowed. I'm worried about you." Nishinoya said coming to a stop finally.

[Y/N] shook her head. "I'm fine Noya. I'm just thinking about something important I have to do later so that I don't forget. Please don't worry about me." She said smiling at him warmly.

Nishinoya smiled and nodded believing the girl in front of him whole heartedly. "Alright then, you wait here, I will grab your ice cream and be right back to walk you home." He said excitedly as he jogged into the store.

[Y/N] couldn't help but smile as she watched the male disappear grinning to himself. The thought that she, and her attention, might be the reason he was so happy lately filled her with pride as her hand gently gripped her shirt just above where her heart was. "I have to tell him tonight." She muttered to herself as she watched him come skipping out of the store excitedly clutching the two ice creams.

"Here you go your Highness." He said handing her the [F/F] ice cream.

[Y/N] smiled as she took the ice cream hiding her shock. 'He seriously remembered my favorite ice cream?' She thought to herself. 'It's such a small detail, why would he remember that?' Happily she dug into the frozen treat. "Thank you Noya." She said happily. "But I definitely think it should be your Royal Highness or your majesty." She said grinning as she stuck her tongue out at him.

Nishinoya grinned back and bowed deeply and mildly theatrically. "My deepest and most sincere apologies to the most regal of Royal highnesses. How could I be so rude?" As he stood he smiled at her. "You can just call me Yu though." He said smiling, a glint of hopefulness filling his eyes.

[Y/N] appeared to think about it for a moment and as they reached her front door, she gave a small nod. "Sir Yu it is then. My most trusted companion. Unless…" she leaned in to whisper to him. "You prefer to fight for my hand as Prince Yu." She said kissing his cheek softly.

She giggled as she admired the deep red blush that now adorned his cheeks and finished off her ice cream before waving to him. "Goodnight Yu! I will see you at school tomorrow." She said before going inside and locking the door behind her, listening to an excited cheer come from the other side.

"It's Prince Yu from now on [Y/N]! I will prove that I am the only one that can make you happy!"

[Y/N] smiled and shook her head, "You dork." She whispered to herself. "You proved that a while back." She said before heading to her room.