Four Long Years (Kise Ryota x Reader)

This blonde asshole... What am I going to do with you. Part of me loves you part of me hates your guts. XP Baka.

[D/D]= Dream destination

Kise Ryota sat in a hotel near Azabu in Tokyo talking to several photographers and modeling agents. This was where he was most in his element, other than basketball of course. He had begun to distract himself with sports and modeling even more just after high school. He could remember everything so clearly from back then... Her smile, her eyes, her voice.... Kise smiled to himself as he thought about the past. [F/N] was a trouble maker. She had been from the start, that was probably why the rest of the generation of miracles disliked her so much; Akashi found her to be a distraction, Murasakibara couldn't care less about her existence, Aomine found it rather amusing to watch her get upset when he did something that hurt Kise either physically or his ego, and Midorima found her annoying, she was too much like Kise with her bubbly optimism.

After school though, something happened... He got an offer in Europe involving modeling and he left Japan without a second thought... That also meant he left [F/N] without a good-bye, months went by with her waiting for a call... a text... an email... none came and she just kind of disappeared. Rumors circulated with the generation of miracles saying she was driven over the edge by Kise leaving... Other people figured she went to [D/D] to live out her dreams since she wasn't trying to support such a big ego.

Kise sighed as his smile faltered. He much prefered the possibility of the second option even when it made him sound selfish, anything was better than the thought of [F/N] dead.

A light sound fluttered through the hotel bar and reached Kise causing him to shutter. "There is..." He turned quickly and felt his heart thump hard in his chest. "No way..." He couldn't believe his eyes. There she was, as beautiful as ever, smiling brightly as she spoke to the people around her. Kise hadn't felt his heart react like this in years. At the same time that his heart was racing just seeing her [H/C] hair in the light and her [E/C] eyes twinkling in excitement, he felt deep guilt. It had been 4 years and he hadn't called or tried to contact her in any fashion. She must hate him...

One of the girls near [F/N] noticed Kise staring at her, mouth wide open, and she elbowed her friend motioning to him with her head.

Kise looked away the moment her eyes met his and he stood bowing to the others at the table before glancing back towards where [F/N] had been, frowning more when he noticed she was gone. Kise sighed and left the bar feeling eyes on him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You thought you could leave without at least saying hello?"

Kise heard the voice as he stood at the elevator waiting to go to his room. He spun around and looked down at the girl standing there. "[F/N]." He said breathlessly.

[F/N]'s eyes lit up when she heard him say her name. "Hello Kise. It is good to see you again."

Kise just stared at her, she was so much more beautiful than he remembered, her [h/c] hair was smooth and shiny, her [e/c] eyes were sparkling in the light cast by the fluorescent bulbs above, her smile was brilliant. He just stared at her not sure about how he should even react right now with her in front of him. His eyes traveled over her smaller form as she stood still allowing him to examine her. She hadn't changed very much and... He blinked noticing a bit of black poking out from under her collar. "Is that...."

[F/N] cocked her head to the side and glanced down where he was looking before smiling and nodding pulling her shirt collar to the side to allow him a better view. There, on her shoulder, was something Kise had assumed she would have gotten rid of years ago. In black and blue was a decorative number 7, a tattoo she had gotten shortly after they had started to date, his jersey number.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Your POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't help but smile a bit as I watched the gorgeous blonde in front of me staring at the tattoo he knew was on my skin. Over the last four years I have probably heard it all... How Kise had grown tired of me and left, how he had gotten someone pregnant and got married, how he didn't love me or want me. There was a time when I believed that maybe one of the theories was right and I stopped going around my friends, I stopped going places we frequented together, I moved and sold my car... But... looking at Kise standing in front of me now with that look that screamed that he regretted the last 4 years... I couldn't hold it against him, I couldn't be angry. "Kise..." I whispered as my finger tips lightly caressed his face, he was still as handsome as I had remembered.

I could hear him give a light whimper like he didn't think he was worthy to feel my touch anymore but before I could say anything to try to ease his mind, his arms were wrapped around me and his face was buried against my neck as he choked out an apology. Lightly I ran my fingers through those golden locks. "Shhh, it's alright Kise... You are here now, that is all that matters. I waited for you all this time, I am not leaving now." I have never once stopped loving that beautiful and dorky copycat. No matter how much it had hurt to know he had just left, I knew I could wait for him to come back and here we were... 4 years later in a hotel in Tokyo, embracing each other like we were the last lifeline available, now we could move on.