You Aren't Crazy (Leslie Withers x Reader)

Beacon Mental Hospital...

If [Y/N] was completely honest, she couldn't even remember how she had gotten here... She couldn't even tell you where Beacon Hills, Virginia even was. She was from [H/T] and in her mind, that was a world away from this nightmare. Running from mutated cannibal demons was not exactly something she expected in real life but since she had felt the pain from being attacked, she knew this wasn't a dream as much as she had hoped to wake up in her nice warm bed.

[Y/N] crouched down behind a low stone wall and wiped her eyes. "This is insane, this can't be real." She whispered to herself for the millionth time as she pinched herself. She whined feeling the normal pain that came with pinching and rested her head on her arms. She didn't like the idea of dying out here alone.

"Run... Run... Run.... Run..."

[Y/N] picked her head up hearing the voice. Those creatures didn't talk, that meant this was a human. "Hello?" She called softly as she quickly stood and followed after the voice. "I won't hurt you, I am friendly." She called still as softly as she could without catching the attention of anything unfriendly.

[Y/N] could hear someone or something shuffling up ahead of her and stopped walking hoping that it was whoever she had heard. She didn't expect to have a pale face pop up in front of her so quickly. She studied him, not moving since she didn't want to frighten the timid looking male. His face was bruised and he wouldn't look at her leading her to believe he had been abused before everything had gone to hell here, since the bruising didn't correlate to what an attack from those monsters would have looked like and the lack of eye contact meant he was afraid of people. "Hey, it's okay, I won't hurt you, I promise."

The boy seemed to stiffen a bit. Her voice was so soft, she sounded so genuine. Maybe she was safe, maybe she wouldn't hurt him like the others had... Like Kidman was trying to... Slowly he reached out and took her hand. "Run... Run... Run..." He muttered repeatedly as he carefully began pulling her.

[Y/N] glanced behind her for a moment before willingly following him. He was alone out here, she couldn't leave him to possibly die... That was a cruel fate for anyone especial someone who had already been through so much. "It's okay." She said softly as she ran her thumb lightly over his hand in a soothing manner. "Just relax. I won't let anyone hurt you."

Suddenly those dark, sunken eyes were staring at her, as though he was peering into her soul, it caused her to falter and stop, unable to look away. "You... will protect Leslie?" He asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Yes, I will Leslie." She said without a moment's hesitation. If he was going to trust her, she was going to be sure that trust was not wasted. "I am [Y/N]."

Leslie watched her lightly, his hand still gripping hers as he stared intently.

[Y/N] smiled at him, being as kind and gentle as she could. "It's going to be okay Leslie. I will protect you and we will get to leave together." She said softly. Her heart went out to him, she hated seeing people abused and she really wanted to just hug him, there was something about him that made her feel drawn to him.

Hearing a branch snapping behind them, [Y/N] immediately spun around and hid the boy behind her back. Her heart was racing in her chest as she stared at the man in front of her.

"Leslie." He said sternly. "It's time for us to go. Come now. You are the only way for us to go home... Don't you want to go home?"

"Leslie... Can go home?" Leslie was shaking as he held onto her hand his eyes cast to the ground. The way that he was reacting said that [Y/N] really shouldn't trust him. He might have been the person that was hurting Leslie.

"Hey..." She said with a hiss. "You are a doctor aren't you? Didn't you take the hippocratic oath??" She asked still holding onto Leslie's hands tightly. "Noxamvero et maleficium propulsabo." She said icily. Clearly she knew a thing or two about medicine. "Do you know what that means doctor? It translates to: Also ... I will utterly reject harm and mischief... You have done a fine job keeping that promise haven't you?!? You have been hurting Leslie!" She was keeping her voice down to not draw unwanted attention but her tone was dripping with venom.

"Child you don't know what you are talking about. I have been caring for Leslie for many years, he is my patient." The good doctor said not appreciating the girls behavior towards him.

"And now he is my patient. I will not turn a blind eye to a patient that is the being abused. He is afraid of you and I can not allow you to take him." She said firmly, her thumbs rubbing calming patterns on his palms.

Leslie stopped whimpering and shaking and watched her fingers curiously.

The doctor laughed at her causing her muscles to tighten. "You are crazy if you think that you can keep him safe from Him..." He said, his tone making it sound like a cryptic threat.

[Y/N] narrowed her [E/C] eyes in the fading light of the forest, straightening herself out to look bigger. "I can and I will. Now, if you don't mind..." She turned her nose up at him and and turned around carefully guiding Leslie away from the now furious older man.

"Leslie... Leslie doesn't think you are crazy..." Leslie said still watching her hand lightly.

[Y/N] smiled at him gently as she continued to make calming patterns on his hand. "You aren't crazy either Leslie. We will get through this together and then I will take you somewhere where people can't hurt you anymore." She said smiling at him warmly.

Leslie stared at her face and gave a tiny smile. "Leslie happy." He said moving a bit closer to [Y/N] as they walked.

[Y/N] smiled giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "I am happy too Leslie, I am happy too."