Celebration

Ch.44

Everyone had been waiting for the celebration party. All the line cooks and commis chef were thrilled to congratulate themselves at Seokjin's apartment. Maybe you wouldn't have minded another time, but you were struggling a bit. That was a little hard to admit. It was a mix of a lot of things in all honesty. There was the fact that you felt off since yesterday due to your feelings towards Seokjin. Serious or not, you basically learned that it wasn't worth putting yourself out there. Certainly not with the way you are. It would be too hard for Seokjin to be happy if he were dating you so you'll save him all the drama and remain friends with him. Why ruin what's good, right?

That wasn't the only thing. It was tie between your feelings towards Seokjin and your feelings about going to a party. Seokjin has a nice apartment that he does a great job at keeping clean. It's almost up to your own standards. There are places that could use improvement, but you suppose it's comfortable for what it is. The thing is...it's one thing when it's just you and Seokjin in his apartment. It's a whole different thing if all the chefs go to his apartment. The chefs aren't going to be constantly cleaning up after themselves like in the kitchen. Not everyone will have their hands washed and the space isn't as huge! Everyone will be closer together with practically no room to breathe! It's a germ breeding ground!

Even though you knew you would be fine, you couldn't stop yourself from panicking. It felt like bugs were crawling on you. How could you not think about it? While Daeho was getting ready and happy to go, you were mentally preparing yourself to enter a party. This was going to be a draining experience. That was just a fact that you couldn't ignore. Either you leave early or you'll possibly need to get comforted by Seokjin as always. Though you hated to be a party pooper, you'd rather go home early and not ruin the experience for everyone else. Daeho can get a ride home from Haesung if he wants to stay longer.

"Eomma!! Let's gooooo!!" Daeho groaned. He was dressed in somewhat good clothes. It was nothing too formal, but you could tell he put effort into it compared to most of his looks. You were seated on the couch while he was opening the door and beginning to scream. "Appa is waitingggg!!"

"Yes, we're going! Please stop screaming." You sighed, forcing your legs to stand up. "Just quit bothering the neighbors."

"They know the deal." Daeho grinned, bouncing on his toes. He ran towards the stairs the moment you reached the door. You were surprised with how impatient he was. It was clear he wanted to run down to your car already, but he didn't even want to wait for you then. You did your best to put on your shoes as quickly as you could for him. "I think Appa will really like how you look."

"And why's that?" You scoffed as you finished putting your right foot into a black heel. The heels weren't that tall, but they were nice shoes. All you wore was a turquoise dress that went above your knees. It was cute in your opinion so you figured it wouldn't be bad outfit to wear. It's simple and business casual yet here was Daeho mentioning Seokjin in particular. You locked the door with your gloves already on.

"Because you look pretty." Daeho was embarrassed, crouching down on the stairs. You giggled at how cute he was. He had his own gloves on too. At the party, Seokjin made sure to create gluten free foods specifically for Daeho. You were very clear when you told him there could be no cross contamination of any kind. You were even offering to make it yourself, but the man insisted that he wanted to cook for his son at least once. Fine!

"Thank you, Baby." You walked over to him, petting his hair as the two of you began to go down the stairs.

Daeho and you made it all the way to your car. To be honest, as long as you have Daeho then you can enter the party with a good mindset. You're sure though that he'll want to spend his time there with Haesung and Taehyung. That'll leave you with Jackson and Seokjin. Talking to Seokjin wasn't necessarily hard, but it wasn't always easy. It was fine as long as you didn't let yourself think about your problems. Maybe you weren't upset about not dating Seokjin, but more that you couldn't function like everyone else. That was frustrating. No matter who you end up falling for in life, it's going to be hard with the way you are. That's the conclusion you've come to after thinking about it for hours on end.