Just For A Second

Ch.24

You were the first to wake up this morning. Daeho stayed in bed, mumbling that he would wait for the alarm clock to ring. You let him take a couple minutes to rest while you got ready and prepared breakfast for the both of you. The boy had his face buried in his pillow with some drool leaving his mouth. Daeho groaned when you tried waking him up to give him a tissue to clean himself. He didn't want to hear anything about cleaning this early in the morning. It wasn't even that early in reality. Besides, it's never too early or too late when it comes to cleaning. He just wants to be lazy for a couple more minutes.

He grumbled as he cleaned his face and told you to get ready already. Fine. You left Daeho to sleep while you did your usual morning routine. Showering and anything to make you feel clean for the day. The next thing after using the bathroom is making breakfast. Today was going to be making gluten free waffles. A lot of the ingredients were already prepped for you to use. That way you wouldn't have to spend too much time making it in the morning. Things were perfectly measured and waiting in containers to be used. Rolling up your sleeves, you washed your hands and began working around in the kitchen to make breakfast from scratch.

It was a quick process that didn't take too much effort. By the time you had a couple waffles made, Daeho finally crawled out of the bedroom. He was still sleepy when he stood in front of you. His eyes were barely opened as he took a seat at the table. You shook your head at him since he didn't even brush his hair. Not to mention, his pajamas were on too. The cute one with the little dinosaurs eating ice cream. You placed the plate off warm waffles in front of him. The smell was enough to wake him up properly. He opened his eyes and smiled softly, losing the soured expression he had from the alarm clock waking him up.

"Eat up." You joined him at the table. Daeho was already putting syrup on his waffles, preparing them to his liking.

"I'm a professional when it comes to eating, Imo." Daeho chuckled lightly. "I've been doing it since I was in the womb."

"Well, you're not wrong about that." You grinned at his silly comment. He kept his eyes on his food, practically drowning his waffle in syrup. You had to pry the bottle away from him since you didn't want him getting a cavity. Jiyoo might not care but you certainly did.

Daeho munched on his waffles happily, enjoying the sweetness he added so much of. Daeho moved around in his seat, happily. Was the sugar already taking effect? He was kicking his legs back and forth as he ate. You were eating a lot calmer than he was, but then again he was doing so much all at once. He was even humming the chorus to a girl group song. You quietly noted to childproof the bottle of syrup next time around. "I'm ready for work!" Daeho suddenly stood up, making you pause. He's ready for work? Raising a brow, you looked him up and down. He was almost jittering in pajamas and messy hair. He hasn't even brushed his teeth yet.

"You're not ready in the slightest," You stated. Daeho gave you a tight smile at your words. Now you weren't so sure if it was the sugar making Daeho act like this. He forced the smile on his face as he slowly retreated back into your bedroom. He didn't finish all of his waffles. You frowned at his behavior. You so badly wanted to understand Daeho, but sometimes he felt all over the place. It was hard to know when he was feeling anything at all. Setting down your utensil, you stayed quiet until he came out of your bedroom actually dressed for work. He slipped in the bathroom to quickly comb his hair. "Are you full? We still have time for you to finish your waffles if you want."

"...I'll eat."

"I won't force you to eat." You shrugged. All your words were careful and you continued to speak softly. Daeho was acting hesitant as he walked over to the table. You had a feeling on what this could be about but you weren't too sure. Either way, you were going to treat Daeho gently. Somehow it felt like that was making matters worse though. You didn't know what to do.