Back In Amore

Ch.22

What happened last night? You were never good with holding your alcohol much. At least the throbbing in your head wasn't too bad. It was pretty mild so you knew you would be fine pretty soon. The headache was something you could endure. Groaning, you moved around on the bed before pausing. Bed? Slowly opening your eyes, you realized you were in your own bedroom. Where else would you be? Your brows only knitted closer together as you thought back on what exactly happened with Seokjin. Seokjin and you went back to his place to drink wine. Obviously, you had more than you should have but things sort of got fuzzy after a while.

The most you could remember was getting bored watching the TV. The two of you were on the couch...then that was it. There was nothing else you could really remember accurately. That automatically raised a lot of questions. How did you get back home and into your bed? You sat up in your bed, fully awake from alarm. Everything was fine in all honesty. You were safely home yet you couldn't get over the feeling of wanting to know what happened. There was just this hole in your memory. It was strongly bugging you for some reason. Not a single scratch was on your body and you felt okay aside from the headache, but you still wanted answers.

Daeho wasn't in the room so he had to be awake. That was the first thing you noticed as you're your feet touched the floor. He had his bed made which let you know he wasn't coming back to sleep. Glancing at the clock, you read how early in the morning it was. Something quite strange of him to do on his day off. Ignoring the soft pounding in your head, you got up from your bed to leave your room. Daeho must know what happened last night to you. There had to be something he knew unless he got home later than you did. You were hoping that wasn't the case since he knows full well that he has a curfew when living with you.

Turning the doorknob, you carefully poke you head out. There was not a single sound out in the living room or kitchen. Is he not here? You opened the door in horror. He didn't tell you where he was going! Rushing over to your purse, you pulled out your phone to check if he had an unplanned sleepover with Haesung. There was no such text waiting for you. Not even a message telling you where he was currently at. Where could he be? D*mn it, you were panicking. You tried to control your breathing as you looked around the empty apartment. The phone in your hands was close to slipping with how badly you were beginning to shake. Should you call Seokjin? No, no. Call Daeho and then Haesung next! That makes more sense.

Even with the plan, you strongly hoped Daeho would pick up just from the first call. You paced around the kitchen table as the phone rang. Just walking around the table, you grimaced. It was dirty. You should clean it. With the phone in one hand, you used your free one to pull out some cleaning supplies. Something to help relax you at the moment. Just as you were about to begin cleaning, you heard Daeho's ringtone. Did he forget his phone at home? Your stomach dropped as you froze in your spot. The ringing sounded like it was coming from the bathroom though. Taking one step towards it, you jumped high in the air when the bathroom door opened wide.

"Why are you calling me?" Daeho asked. He held up his phone showing you the screen. The caller ID read 'Imo' with a smiling emoji next to it with your contact photo being the selca the two of you took together. His phone looked like it was getting charged when you noticed Daeho's damp hair. A towel rested around his shoulders too. He wasn't missing, he was just taking a shower.

"You're here!" You dropped the cleaning items in your hands. They fell on the table, but you didn't care too much. You were relieved to see Daeho right here. He wasn't gone! Daeho took a step back when you rushed to hug him. Throwing your arms around the boy, you giggled at how shocked he was. This time you didn't mind hugging him for longer than normal. He barely showered so he was clean. "I thought you were missing, Dae."