Positivity

Ch.31

The kitchen was down two staff members and the most important ones two. The second you heard someone was burned from Jackson, your heart stopped. You were ready to run to the back until Jackson grabbed your wrists. He told you to breathe and that it was Haesung. The boy would be fine. A large part of you felt guilty for being relieved it wasn't Daeho. You were still worried for Haesung. How did he not notice the hot pot? It sounded more like something Daeho would do. The two left Délice to retrieve burn cream for the injury. It was also to give Haesung some time to acknowledge his injury and to take a minor break. You wondered if Jackson would just send him home to recover. Not that Haesung would be happy with that request.

Though you wanted to wait for the boys to come back and ask questions, there was a restaurant that needed to be ran. Jackson took charge of washing the dishes, getting the kitchen porter to help him out. If need be, the relief cook would help too. Saturday is typically when the push on the kitchen was the strongest. You had to work on making coq au vin. Seokjin was shouting the orders, each line chef taking care of a dish that involved their specialty. The marinade was already out with the seasoned chicken breasts. As long as you cooked, you could take your mind off most of your worries. Making your hands and mind busy with keeping up the reputation of Délice.

Eventually you were able to completely immerse yourself into your work. You never checked if Haesung and Daeho ever came back from the pharmacy. You weren't sure if Jackson was still washing dishes or if he made the relief cook take over. All your attention was focused on making this dish. While you were handling mushrooms, you heard the staff doors abruptly open. It wasn't an impatient waiter like you expected. From one glance up away from your work, your eyes landed on the floor manager who looked extremely stressed. Jackson marched up to him with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. The two whispered to each other with tense bodies and panicked eyes.

Anything that involved Délice was your business. You continued making the dish at a slightly slower pace than normal. It must have been obvious that you were doing everything in your power to listen in. Not only were you stretching out your neck, but you were bringing all your things closer to them. You might as well should have asked them up front with how shameless you were being. It's not like your actions went unnoticed either. Staring at Jackson who pushed the floor manager back outside, you felt around your counter for a plate.

"Is this what you're looking for?" A cold plate touched your fingers. Right away, a short gasp left your lips at the sudden contact. You turned your head to see Seokjin staring at you with a smirk. Should you even be shocked? "Did I scare you?"

"I swear, Chef Kim." You let you a sigh. Seokjin laughed at you, his strange laugh making you have to fight the urge to smile. He's an idiot! Clearing your throat, you looked back down at your counter. "Thank you for the plate."

"Busy trying to hear the gossip?" Seokjin teased. He playfully bumped his shoulder into yours. You gritted your teeth, watching as he decided to take over your dish. What is he doing? You huffed, bumping shoulders with him again to work on it as well.

"Do you know what they were talking about?" You questioned with a growl.

"Not a clue." Seokjin grinned.

"Then why are you here?" You raised a brow at him. Seokjin only frustrated you to no end when he intervened in your cooking. That was the only time you were willing to throw him out a window.

"Just wanted to see you." He wiggled his eyes brows. Shaking your head, you ignored the blush that was crawling up your neck.

"Go see from afar." You were ready to fight him. Seokjin continued to stare at you with daring eyes. Almost as if he wanted to push you far enough to do so. How could you believe this guy was the perfect adult? He's practically a child. Seokjin only chuckled as he walked behind you. It was not possible to trust him in the kitchen. Holding the sauté pan, you suddenly felt him grab your wrist to sauté the mushrooms.