Wine

Ch.21

"In a circle! Or just around me! Just stand and listen!" Jackson shouted. He stood on top of stool, forcing everyone in the kitchen to face him. He called out all the staff members to come listen to him. "I have a very important announcement!"

You highly doubt that. If it had anything to do with a healthy inspector or Michelin critic, then Jackson would have had to found out from an insider. You also don't believe Jackson would gather you guys around for a critic who writes a food blog. Délice would never worry about something as insignificant as them no matter the following they might have. The food served at Délice is always the highest quality anyway. The confidence you have in Délice is incredibly strong. If this announcement has anything to do with Délice's reputation then you have nothing to worry about.

The rest of the chefs were sighing heavily. They wanted to get started on their prep work already. The feeling was mutual as you stood next to Seokjin. While most of the chefs were shoulder to shoulder, you stood a little bit in front of them. It was almost uncomfortable how close everyone one was with each other. You just wanted this speech from Jackson to be over with. He kept going on about how important it was rather than what it was actually about. Daeho and Haesung appeared, looking up at their boss with two different expressions. Haesung looked curious meanwhile Daeho carried the same bored face as you.

Jackson continued to carry a serious face. His eyes were sharply staring at everyone, making sure they quieted down for him. Jackson would have been pacing around with his hands behind his back if he weren't standing on a stool. You sighed, glancing at Seokjin who was waiting for the executive chef to get on with it already. A small smile tugged on your lips viewing Seokjin's side profile. You slowly turned to look at Jackson again. Only this time he was glaring at you. What did you do? With furrowed brows, you stared right back at Jackson. Was he mad that you looked away from him for a couple seconds? Jackson narrowed his eyes on you before finally speaking with his staff as a whole.

"Listen everybody! I know you guys are probably aware of the fact that we don't get as much people as we used to," Jackson started. Right away you had no idea what he was talking about. It felt relatively the same. "I'd say we've lost a couple people due to a new restaurant opening. An Italian restaurant called Amore opened recently. It's fair to say that Délice has not been on good terms with them since they opened."

"Because you caused that?" Seokjin shouted in a slightly deeper voice. He quickly pretended it wasn't him who said that. You almost laughed, confused by him meanwhile Jackson wasn't so amused.

"Don't act innocent either! We're both banned!" Jackson pointed a finger at the head chef. Seokjin immediately scoffed, upset he was getting exposed to the rest of the staff.

"I would have never stepped near Amore if it weren't for you!" Seokjin threw his arms around.

"Well it's too late to put blame on anyone!" Jackson put his hands on his hips. "Aside from Amore being our rival, we might have a potential spy breaking in. Peanut is considering it so—"

"Excuse me! Considering? I don't want to go near Amore!" You shook your head.

"I don't want her near that Jungkook guy!" Daeho frowned.

"Me neither!" Seokjin raised his hand high up in the air. You were shocked to see those two so passionate about this. You blinked in confusion before looking at Jackson again. He was pouting heavily, his spy plans ruined. The rest of the staff were waiting around, expecting at least one thing of importance to come from this. If not then they wanted to start prepping already.

"You're lucky I like you, Chestnut!" Jackson huffed. "Seokjin, I wish you had a nickname to follow my theme!"

"Never!"