Fired

Ch.11

To be honest, you thought no one was worse than your sister. Jiyoo would purposely lock you in bathrooms when you were younger. She would leave insects from the garden in your room. She'd go to the gym, sweat a bunch, and lie down on your bed. She'd make fun of you for staying at home for a majority of your teen years when you weren't working towards becoming a chef. Jiyoo could never understand what you were dealing with. In her eyes, you were overreacting and a party pooper. She acted as if you were lame while simultaneously making you believe you were the disgusting source of the germs yourself. Mom and Dad figured something was wrong with you. They asked if you wanted to get help, but you were fine. You were going to handle it yourself. You assumed becoming a chef would help you.

Years later, you're now scrubbing your entire body in burning hot water after getting a couple of dirty droplets on your body. That crazy girl threw water at someone she doesn't even know! Sniffling, you just wanted to feel clean again. There was no sense of purity as your body pruned from the constant water. Daeho went to bed after you made dinner for two. You told him you would take a shower first then go to bed right after. At this point, you don't know how long you've been in the shower. There have been times when you stepped out only to come back in. Maybe three times?

It just made you so mad and frustrated. You're trying to get better in a way. Breathing techniques sometimes help and it's really hard to listen to your own instructions. Telling yourself to relax doesn't always work. Biting your lip, you felt like crying again from how pathetic you felt. The second you got dirty, you became paralyzed. Just like when you touched the piece of gum underneath the host's desk. There was no use crying over this though. You let the hot water wash away the soap that covered your body. This girl Yoojung was officially on your bad side. Seokjin and Jackson hated her as well. You hope she gets fired so you never have to see her again.

Turning off the water, you felt like you were fine this time. You weren't going to jump back in. There were no more germs. It was safe now. You're pure. You dried yourself and changed into comfortable clothes to sleep in. Taking showers at night felt nice. It was good feeling like you went into bed clean. You rubbed body moisturizer on your legs and arms since they were dry from your constant showers. On the bathroom counter, you smiled to see the lotions that Seokjin gifted to you. They didn't smell pleasant, but they definitely worked. You moisturized your hands before stepping out of the bathroom. You quietly entered your bedroom, hoping not to wake up Daeho who was sleeping on the floor.

"Almost two hours, Imo," Daeho spoke. He's awake!? You froze as you slowly processed the words he told you. You carefully lied down on your bed as you stared at his face. He was staring at you with a worried expression. Even if you wanted him to drop it, it was clear he wouldn't let this go unnoticed. "That's not normal."

"Go to bed, Dae. Don't worry about that kind of stuff." You felt an ache in your heart.

"Imo—"

"I'm working on it." You gave him a tight smile. "Trust me, I am."

"...okay." Daeho brought his blanket higher up. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

It was hard to sleep that night. There was a lot of tossing and turning, but you eventually fell asleep. When you woke up in the morning, you were a bit anxious for work. You really didn't want to bump into Yoojung again. It was hard to even imagine a calm interaction with her. You'd be scared and she'd threaten you with a poke. Harmless and yet it made you lose your hunger. It was sickening to think something like this had so much control over your life. Daeho asked what was wrong, but you didn't want to speak poorly about his coworker. He seemed to like her so you hoped there was a good reason for it. At the same time...she gave you a bad feeling. You didn't want her anywhere near Daeho.