Three Words

Ch.20

It was unfortunate how you couldn't scold Seokjin until work ended. He shouldn't be shouting that you're his girlfriend when you aren't. Every time you tried making your way towards him, he would find something to busy himself with. Seokjin would suddenly start acting like the most important person in the kitchen. You narrowed your eyes on him when he examined food more than he typically would. Acting strict and being austere doesn't suit him. Seokjin even looked rigid as he tried to act like how you would when running a kitchen. The staff were raising their brows at him but kept up with his demands. You smiled to yourself lightly though.

This is exactly how a kitchen should be running. None of this goofy business or relaxed attitude from the head chef when they have everything on the line. With your arms crossed, you took the time to look over the kitchen. All the station chefs were diligent and tireless under Seokjin's fake stern ruling. Something was a bit strange to your surprise. Despite this being the way you believed a kitchen should run, it felt weird. It must have been because you weren't used to seeing Seokjin take the job seriously to this level. He's taken charge before, but he never lost his kindness or positive attitude. He rarely ever turns into a cold head chef to his staff.

Since you were getting uncomfortable by his behavior, you whispered for Seokjin to relax. The way he was acting was unnecessary as rush hour was beginning to die down. Things were starting to calm down again. Service wasn't as heavy with Amore newly opened. It was taking a fair amount of customers away, but nothing too crazy. Délice still had enough patrons to run for years. After all, the only goal of Délice was to earn a third star. You occasionally pester Jackson on when a Michelin critic is going to visit. That's the thing though. No one will ever know when a Michelin critic comes in since they'll try to receive food served on a regular basis without special VIP treatment. That meant no one could let their guard down. Almost how a health inspector could drop in unexpected.

Hopefully Délice is prepared for those two visits when they come. Wait, no. Not hopefully. You know Délice is prepared for those visits. Seokjin may be relaxed but the rest of the kitchen knows how you are. Besides, everyone here are professionals anyway so they should know better. You kept to yourself towards the end of work. Other staff members were waving goodbye to Seokjin and accidentally gave you a quick glance while walking out the door if they were unlucky. Jackson said goodbye to a couple but walked out to the front of the restaurant to talk to waiting staff. The only people left in the kitchen were the usual four. Haesung and Daeho ran out from their station, staring at you with big eyes. Could this be a good thing? You tilted your head at them, unsure what their intentions were.

"Can we go to Amore again?" Daeho asked.

"Amore? Why?" You instantly frowned. "Isn't it closed?"

"Yeah, but we want to talk to their sous chef again!" Haesung added. "We just have a few menu questions."

"I just want to scope the area out a bit more." Daeho shrugged.

"Uh..." You sucked in a breath. If you were being honest, you really didn't want Daeho near Amore any time soon. He did ask you though. Biting your lip, you decided it wouldn't hurt to let him go. You doubt Jiyoo wouldn't let him go anyway. There's no point in being stricter than his mom. "Sure, but Haesung has to be ride your home."

"Done! I can totally handle that!" Haesung bowed at you thankfully.

"Thanks, Imo!" Daeho cheered. He was already bouncing in the direction of the door. He ushered Haesung to hurry out with him. Those two boys.

You shook your head at them before looking over at Seokjin. He was doing a couple last checks like making sure each red bucket was empty. No rags out in the open or anything of that sort. You let him do his job and get ready to leave until he realized you were still standing in the kitchen. Seokjin blinked at you in shock. He had put on his coat without much thought, ready to walk out of Délice. That's when he noticed you patiently waiting for him to finish up. At first he wasn't quite sure if he was safe or not. Maybe you were still mad over the 'girlfriend' thing earlier. He's lucky it was the least of your concerns at the moment. Seokjin gave you a nervous smile as he ran a hand through his black hair. Sometimes it was almost unfair how attractive your friend is.