Waiters

Ch.42

How was it possible for a song to get stuck in your head? There was something catchy about that song Seokjin and Taehyung sang. It wasn't the only song that was sung yet it hadn't left your head. Despite having their voices replay constantly in your head, you had so much fun yesterday. It was a night you were completely grateful to have with all your friends. It still had your stomach feeling butterflies. Look at you! Having friends! The smile wouldn't leave your face as you walked around Délice's kitchen. For once in your life, you had a group of friends that was sort of becoming like a little family and you loved it so much!

You were put in such a good mood since last night. You didn't expect karaoke to have the ability to do that and look at how you are now. Tapping your feet as you hummed to the song. Placing multiple sticks of carrots down on the counter, you gave your fellow coworkers a friendly smile. It didn't surprise them as much as it used to, but they clearly needed to get used to it. You didn't always have a reason to smile back then. Now you're doing a lot better and Daeho is too. Both him and Haesung were hard at work at their station. Délice has only been open for a couple hours now and you were currently working on a small side dish that you were used to making all the time.

Peeling the carrots was easy and quick. Immediately a pile of carrot shavings formed at the end of your cutting board. Just as you blinked, it was gone before you could properly dispose of it. Wait. That's strange. There's no way a pile of carrot peels would suddenly disappear into thin air. Did one of your coworkers handle it? You should seriously learn their real names by now. Looking over your shoulder in confusion, you relaxed to see that sneaky smile of the handsome head chef. You don't know why you didn't expect it to be him. It's clearly something he would be responsible for if it involves innocently messing with you.

"Hello, Chef." You smiled. "How are you today?"

"Happy~!" Seokjin sang as you giggled.

"Are you going to be a singer now?" You questioned, lining up the carrots as you prepared to cut them.

"I might if this whole thing doesn't work out." Seokjin chuckled. He watched you sharpen up your knife before cutting the first carrot into wheels. "How are you?"

"I'm happy too." You nodded to yourself. It felt good.

"I wouldn't want it any other way." Seokjin winked, making your heart almost skip a beat. Why does he have to have such a flirtatious personality? You blushed lightly, trying to ignore the thumping in your chest.

"Go run the pass, Chef Kim." You rolled your eyes playfully. Seokjin whined softly, but he listened to what you said. He walked back up to the front to check the orders coming in through the printer.

As the kitchen worked with their head chef again, a waiter stepped inside with no intention of bringing out any dishes. They hurriedly walked to the back in hopes that they wouldn't get caught. They didn't want to get yelled at by a station chef or worse. Get yelled at by you. The waiting staff knew what you were like, but this waiter was risking it. He was set on a very important mission that he needed to fulfill. Daeho and Haesung were laughing together as they finished up the first round of dirty dishes. They should be getting a load more when evening comes around. For now they had time to stand around if they wanted to. That's what they originally planned until they noticed a waiter standing in their station awkwardly.

"Need something?" Daeho raised a brow. He gave an unwelcoming vibe that made the poor waiter forget how to speak. He swallowed hard, seeing the resemblance between the infamous Peanut and Chestnut.

"First aid kit?" Haesung examined the waiter who shook his head immediately. There was at least friendly Walnut who complimented his friend perfectly.