Oh My Dear Lord

"My future used to shine
Is bright like a diamond"

- Unlikely Candidates
_______________________________________

The main event wasn't going to start until 11:30am, which had meant you and Kangjoon had time to kill before then.

Finishing ten corn dogs while watching a certain red haired hero, who was sitting in a small field of clovers, was probably not what you had in mind.

"...Hoseok-"

"Shh! Don't disturb my luck ritual" your lips became a thin line, seeing that you had no response to that crazy explanation.

Kangjoon, who was nibbling away at a toffee apple, nudged you slightly in hopes that you would tell him what was going on.

"...you're already lucky?" The Eros hero continued to ignore you while he tried to focus on himself and his 'luck ritual'.

"...you're literally the luckiest guy in the wo-"

"Gah! Fine! I'll do my ritual somewhere else!" Shooting up and out of the clover filled field, Hoseok walked past you while trying not to stand on the cracks on the floor.

Realising that he was trying to become luckier than he already was, which couldn't be any more impossible, you decided to follow him after signalling the president to come also.

"Are you doing this all just to meet the president?" You asked while watching the lucky hero make his way over to one of the picnic tables and taking the salt shaker.

"Yes, Y/N. And if you're here to talk me out of it, it's futile" he answered before throwing salt over his shoulder. Rolling your eyes, you couldn't believe that he was still at it and you were worried that he might go even further to find out who the president is.

Pausing for a second, an idea came to mind to which you think might actually work.

"Hoseok, do you want to know if you've met the president already?" Gaining his attention, he stopped throwing the salt over his shoulders and faces his body towards you.

"Why? How would you know if I've met him already?"

"Not me, but..." you pointed to the male beside you who only looked lost with the conversation.

"Kangjoon here can tell you" not believing you, Hoseok looked at the president while sizing him up and down, thinking who could this person be to know such information.

"How?"

"Well, he works for the hero council and he knows what the president looks like. So I'm sure he's been keeping an eye on the president meaning he would have seen you two together. Right, Kangjoon?" You explained before looking at the tall male. His face stayed blank, unsure of how this situation was supposed to go until he saw your secret wink.

"...a-ah! Yes! I have kept my eye on the president" he answered in a slightly unconvincing way, making you face palm at his attempt of acting.

"Really?! Have I met him?! Who is it?! Is he here right now?!" Now estatic, Hoseok walked closer to the two of you after throwing away the salt shaker.

"I'm afraid I can't say too much... but you have met him quite a few times" you gave Kangjoon two thumbs up behind the lucky hero's back, pleased with his lie.

"I've already met him?! More than once?! I- I need to go" and with that, he was off running to wherever he was set on going.

"... he's a very determined hero..." nodding your head in agreement, you watched with Kangjoon at the now energetic Hoseok who was running towards the staff tent.

"Determined for the wrong thing... but he's a good guy" you sighed. Hoseok may be annoying sometimes, especially when he found scaring you as his form as entertainment but, you respected him greatly.

No matter how sad the news, hopeless the situation or difficult the villain, Hoseok always had a smile on his face.

He was very determined to smile.

But he was also determined to get a smile back.

"...you're surrounded by good people, Y/N. I have always thought that a person's personality is determined by the people they surround themselves with" he added after throwing his finished toffee apple in a nearby bin.

Kangjoon's words made you think about the people in your life currently.

Your parents who believed you were okay now with the new career path you took.
After the incident, they knew it was a sensitive topic to talk about so they waited for you to be ready to tell then yourself. To which, they're still waiting.

Your best friend Myunghee helped you settle in to Eros when you began working with Nightingale. If it weren't for her, you would probably be surrounded with less friends than you do now.

Jaeho was like an older brother you never had. You loved him like one and found him annoying like one.

Even though you aren't on good terms with Jin at the moment, he did help you break out of your slump 3 years ago. He had also started working with Eros at the time but he had seemed more confident than any other recruit there.

After 2 years, you became close to Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok when they were recruited by their companies around the same time.

Namjoon was mostly a reserved hero who only talked to the trainers and Yoongi.
After knowing that you had training from the hero academy and what your powers were, he became interested in you and persistently tried to persuade you to become a hero with him.
Even after rejecting his offers, he never stopped getting to know you better.

Yoongi was similar to Namjoon in a way that he is a reserved person who likes to keep to himself but that would quickly change after getting to know the usual snarky hero.
His sarcastic and witty remarks made him look cool if anything.

Hoseok hadn't changed a bit from when you first saw him - a bright and caring personality that could outshine even the happiest person alive.

Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung are relatively new additions to your list of friends but they were just as important as the other heroes.

Looking over at Kangjoon, you were unsure if he was on the list. You had only known him for a week and you still couldn't figure out what was on his mind.
His intentions are clear when it comes to new things, that was evident.
But what was unclear was what his true intentions were.

"...do you consider to be one of those people?" You asked, wanting to know if he had considered you a friend. Looking at you briefly, Kangjoom stuffed his hand in his pockets before answering with a blank expression.

"...I don't think I am able to even consider"

"...why?"

"Because, Y/N, I'm not a good person to begin with"

_______________________________________