Lone digger

"They call it lonely digging"

- Caravan Palace

_______________________________________

"...what?"

"It's been a day and he hasn't been coming to training, dinner or to his dorm. He isn't answering his phone and Hoseok said the last time he saw him was at the treasure hunt" you've never seen Jin so worried before, it had only made you worry more.

You were also confused, you had thought that the purple haired hero didn't care for Jimin.

"Have you asked his training group?"

"They haven't seen him either" where could he be?

"...pffft, Hahaha" Jin bursted out in a fit of laughter. You had thought he had went insane, laughing in a situation like this.

"Why are you laughing? Are you crazy?!"

"Y-haha you should have seen the look on your face!" Blinking in astonishment, you realised that the other was at it again with his tricks. Now angered, you pushed the male away from you before storming off, shocked at what older did.

"Y/N! Aw, come on now, I was only joking-" you stopped abruptly before turning around and making sure that your threatening glares were seen.

"No, Jin. You shouldn't have done that- especially about Jimin. You need to stop these games that only you have fun playing because I've had enough" and with that said, you returned back to storming off before feeling a gander grab your arm.

"Look, Y/N. I'm sorry-" suddenly, you felt his hand fly off and saw someone come in to view.

"Don't touch her" Namjoon warned while separating the both of you. When did he get here? You thought. After flying the kites with Namjoon yesterday, he had forewarned you that he wasn't going to be at the festival in the morning as he had business to attend to.

"Pfft. We finally meet, Ice king" the Eros hero retaliated while walking closer to the younger.

"It's Namjoon and I wouldn't call this a meeting. Don't just grab Y/N like you own her"

"Oh? And who are you to say that?" Jin taunted, wanting to irritate the ice user.

"Come on, Namjoon. Let's just leave" not wanting to make a scene, you tried to persuade the male to go with you but he wouldn't budge.

"He needs to leave first"

"Just like how your parents left you first?" Namjoon's body stiffened at his choice of words. His brows raised in confusion at how the other would know about his past and so far back too.

You were unsure if what Jin said was true or not as you knew he'd like to taunt but seeing Namjoon's change in behaviour had confirmed your suspicions.

Suddenly, the Athena hero grabbed Jin's collar and pushed him against a nearby tree.

"How do you know about my parents" Jin was smirking that he had managed to tick off the elemental user so quickly which only angered Namjoon more.

"I'm not the only one who knows, Ice king" you quickly walked over and grabbed the blonde male's shoulder.

"Namjoon! Let go, you're making a scene!" passerbyers  had already started to gather around the commotion, interested at what was happening between the heroes.

Continuing his threatening stare at the older, Namjoon decided to finally let go of the other before marching off through the crowd in a fit of rage.

Looking back at a smirking Jin, you could only feel disappointment for the plant manipulator as you followed the Athena hero away.

"Namjoon! Wait! You need to sit down and cool off-" after placing your hand on his upper arm to stop him, he immediately brushed you off and carried on walking away.

"I need to be alone" he spoke in a low voice. The image of his back walking away reminded you of when you started working with him. His cold emotions that helped him to lock everyone out while he kept his distance.

The 'Ice king' had returned.

But you wanted Namjoon to stay.

Running over to him, you managed to catch up and walk beside him in silence as he looked at you in a confused manner.

"I said-"

"I know you want to be alone and get your thoughts together. But I don't want you to feel lonely" his expression softened at your attempt to make him feel better. Namjoon had gathered that you weren't going to leave him any time soon, he accepted your actions and carried on walking with you by his side.

You also stayed silent while walking along with the Ice hero, wondering what Jin had meant about his parents leaving him.

You never asked about his past and only knew that he had went to the same hero academy as Yoongi. The mentioning of his parents never sprung up in conversation or anything remotely personal.

"... if you lost your parents, where do you think they would be?" Namjoon spoke finally. After thinking about how strange the question was, you thought hard on how to answer the other.

"...hmm, I'd probably check the places they've been- which is difficult since we moved around the country a lot" you answered truthfully before letting out a slight chuckle.

"...what if you checked those places and they weren't there?"

"Then I'd probably ask around if anyone has seen them... Namjoon, if you want to talk about it-"

"Do you want to know how I got my powers, Y/N?" Namjoon interjected before you could offer your help to him.

"Didn't you say you couldn't remember?" You reminded him of your conversation when he took you out to dinner during boot camp.

"I lied" shocked at his response, you stopped momentarily before quickly catching up to the stoic hero.

"Then how did you get your powers?" You were genuinely interested on how the strong elemental user had received his powers, knowing that it was a sensitive topic for all.

"... when I was 3, my parents left me on the door step of an orphanage in the middle of a night with nothing but a coat... it was snowing hard and if it weren't for my loud cries, I would have froze to death... all I can remember about my parents is that night and the cold from being alone" after finishing his story, the both of you stopped by the water fountain where little children were running around and couples stood to talk while taking in the beauty of their surroundings.

You looked down to see your reflection in the fountain and saw your sympathetic expression ripple in the clear water.

"... I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure your parents had a reason to leave you at the orph-"

"I could have died" whipping your head in his direction, you saw his still face looking at the energetic children playing.

"I could have died and no one would have known who I was. A nameless child who died in a snow storm... that was going to be me-"

"But you didn't" you got his attention by grabbing his hand, showing that he wasn't alone in all of this.

"You were found and because of that, you were able to become the person you are today. You were saved so that you could save others"

"... I need to know why I needed to be saved. I need to find the people that abandoned me and know why they left me...

Or else I won't know who I could have been"

____________________________________

E/n: Take care of your health everyone ♡