P.O.P.

"If I could be
someone's strength,
someone's light"

- JHope

_______________________________________

You and Jungkook have been waiting outside of the blue training hall for nearly ten minutes and you were slightly getting nervous.

"They've probably forgotten about us"

"No they haven't! They wouldn't do that" you defended the duo before returning back to biting your nails anxiously.

"Uhuh, that's why you're biting your nails. I shouldn't have got my hopes up, I knew they wouldn't let me in-" the hero got interrupted by someone opening up the double doors.

"He said yeah! Come in guys" you smiled in victory, knowing that the duo wouldn't have let you down. You looked at Jungkook who was trying to hold back his excitement but accidentally letting a small grin show.

Aw, he looks so much better when he smiles, you thought before following behind Jungkook into the hall. There were about ten experienced heroes training inside the large hall, to which you were thankful for.

"Can I really go and join them?" He asked with a wide smile and a glint in his eyes. You chuckled before nodding and pushing him towards the heroes. He immediately went over to where Taeyong and Sana were and asked about having a duel with them.

Typical.

"Y/N, a word please" you looked to your right to see the trainer of this group walk towards you.

"Oh, thank you so much for letting Jungkook join your session today. I promise this will be the first and last time"

"No problem, it's the least I can do for all the help you give us. But, this will be tough for me when I need to explain to the higher ups about this..." he said while scratching the back of his neck.

"Just leave that to me! I'll make sure to get full responsibility"

--------------------6 hours later------------------

"You did say you'll take full responsibility"

"Yeah but- I'll receive any other punishment than this!" You begged.

"Punishment? This is an opportunity" Mr. Bang explained as he typed away on his computer in his office. You gulped nervously as you stood in front of his desk while looking behind the CEO at the stuffed dog on his wall.

"Being his mentor at boot camp is not going to help me, sir. I'm a Nightingale employee and this isn't in my contract"

"And neither was allowing a new recruit to join an experienced hero group training session. Now was it, Miss L/N?" He had got you there.

"...are you sure there isn't any other way I can fix this?"

"Perhaps we can null our contract with Nightingale-"

"I'll go to the bootcamp!" You exclaimed before he could finish his sentence.

"Nice to see you co-operating, Miss L/N. You can go on the same coach as the new recruits and I'll notify Nightingale for you" you didn't know whether to thank the mind reader or to just leave the office; you decided to do both.

"Are you in trouble?" Jungkook asked as soon as he saw you leave the office. Once he heard that the CEO had wanted to see you, he immediately felt guilty and went up to wait for you outside his office.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to- err, wanted to know whether you'll finally stop babysitting me" he stuttered midway as he tried to make an alternative excuse.

"Of course, why did I even ask. No, I'm not in trouble. But lucky you, I get to babysit you for an extra week" he looked confused as you walked past him and went towards the elevators.

"Wait what? It wasn't just for today?!" He quickly followed after you and into the lift.

"It was supposed to be for a week but now it's two weeks" you sighed, knowing that you'll have to sign up for boot camp as well and travel with everyone.

"Two weeks?! I'm stuck with you for two weeks?!"

"Hey! It's more like I'm stuck with you for two weeks" you retaliated.

"Isn't that stupid training boot camp next week though? I'm pretty sure only new recruits and mentors are going"

"It's not stupid! You'll learn a lot especially with what little experience you have" you watched as he rubbed his temples in annoyance.

"That's why I'm trying to go on missions now!"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore, I feel like I'm going to explode everytime I talk to you" you stepped off the lift as soon as it reached ground floor and you started to make your way to the food hall.

"No I feel like I'm going to explode everytime you talk!" Even though he found you unbearable, he still managed to follow behind you like a lost puppy.

"Wait, the blue hall is that way" Jungkook pointed out once he realised you were going a different direction.

"It's nearly the end of training? Everyone is going to get dinner soon" you reminded him while pointing at the digital clock in the hallway which showed '05:49PM'.

"Oh... then I guess I'll just have to stick with you until the end of dinner"

"You don't have to? Just sit somewhere so I can see you" you walked in to the empty food hall and you went over to the buffet that was set up and ready to go.

"I might as well sit with you then" you grabbed a plate for yourself and for the brunette before going through the buffet.

"What about your friends? Don't you want to sit with them when they come?"

"I don't have any friends" this made you stop midway in grabbing chicken to put on your plate before you swiftly carried on.

"Oh... well you can sit with me"

"I'd rather sit on my own"

"Nevermind, I can see why you don't have friends" you glared at him before leaving the buffet area and going to nearby table. You set your tray down and was about to dig in when you watched another tray land in front of you.

"I thought you'd rather sit on your own?" He chose to ignore you as he immediately started to devour his meal. Sighing to yourself, you grabbed a chicken drum stick from your plate and placed it on his.

"Eat up, you'll need all the protein you can get if you want to go on missions soon" he let out a small grunt in response before also eating the said drum stick.

_______________________________________