Desperado

"There ain't nothing here for me anymore
But I don't wanna be alone"

- Rihanna

_______________________________________

After your conversation with Kangjoon, he had decided it was time for you to get some rest before the first day of the festival tomorrow.

The Azalea festival usually ran a week before the first day of spring so that they can hold all the planned activities that will lead to the finale.

Eros traditionally will take out their famous flower that never withers and let the people watch as it blossoms beautifully in to the Azalea flower.

Every year, without fail, you had attended the festival and watched the famous flower blossom. The orphanages that your mother would work at the time would have held trips to the festival and allowed the children to have a week of fun. So, you tagged along.

"Don't worry, mum. I'm safe in my friend's house"

"I just feel like something's wrong, you know? I mean, the time that me and your father are in the same city as you and you don't come and visit? A-are we drifting apart? Am I at that age now?!" You sighed to yourself at your mother's usual behaviour of worrying to death about the littlest of things.

"No, mum, listen- it's just that me and my friend planned this for awhile and I will come and visit you soon, okay?" You held you phone between your ear and shoulder as you tried to figure out how to use the high tech shower, pressing buttons if they looked like the right ones.

"I'm sorry I'm like this, its just- after the whole 'Phantom' attack and when it happened where you were- I was worried sick! It made me realise that even though you're not a hero, you're more at risk at getting hurt than the rest of us" you decided not to tell your parents about what had happened to you. They would have fainted if they even found out that you were a few metres away from the Phantom.

"I know you guys worry a lot, especially since I'm not living with you anymore. But I'm fine! I'll come to see you guys and show you I'm alright, I promise"

"...alright. Make sure to eat well and to use that cream that I sent you"

"Yes, yes I know, love youuu~"

"I love you more" and with that, you ended the call. Hearing your mothers voice made you smile slightly as memories of her nagging at you came back to mind.

While growing up, you lived a safe, cautious life. Your parents made sure of that. You were their first and last child and their ray of happiness.

Your dad owned a music shop in Seoul and he had the ability to see what a person wanted the most while your mother was a teacher at a nearby primary school and had the ability to feel other's emotions by touching them.

As soon as you were born, your mother was offered the job to work as a social worker in a nearby orphanage but she had refused as her love for teaching was still strong.

Instead, they offered her to teach the children across the country and help them as a teacher through their troubles. She agreed without further thought.

"Ah! Here it is!" You pressed a button which finally let the water spray out from the shower head and you did a mini victory dance.

Before you lived with Myunghee's family permanently, you were continuously moving around the country and never stayed long enough to make friends in school.

But, you would always visit the orphanages where your mother would work and be friendly with the children there. Since there was no time limit like in school, you could play and even sleep over in the orphanages.

Stepping in to the shower after getting undressed, you soaked in the hot water and stayed still for awhile, liking the feeling of it hitting your skin.

You then remembered how you forgot to ask Kangjoon about his book and what it had meant. It started to get confusing and you didn't know how it would benefit you in reading it. Maybe it will make sense at the end?

You made another mental note to ask the future sighter tomorrow on your way to the festival.

"This week is going to be a pretty hectic... I better enjoy the peace while I still can" unknown to you, someone stood outside your bathroom door while wearing a golden mask to hide half his face.

"You're right..." he muttered under his breath before walking over to your tea table and placing down something.

"It is going to be pretty hectic, Y/N" the sound of the water running blocked any noise coming in to the bath room until you finally turned off the shower and exited the stall. Grabbing the nearby towels, you wrapped your hair and body before leaving the said bathroom and was about to head to your suit case until something shiny caught your eye.

"...a mask?" Walking over to the table, you picked up the beautiful golden mask that had intricate details all over it. Attached to the mask, was a note with cursive handwriting.

'Wear this on the first day of spring'

Thinking that probably Kangjoon was the one who had left it, you smiled at the silver mask once more and placed it back on the table before going to your suitcase.

____________________________________

E/n: Meme of the day:-