Nocturnal

"If reality is against me,
Where is this place now?"

- Shaun

_______________________________________

It was now Thursday.

It's been a couple of days of getting to know the troublesome hero named Jungkook and it has also been a while since the masked man incident.

"Heads"

"Tails!"

"...ugh, you win again" Jungkook muttered before putting back the coin in his pocket.

"Ha! Give me those cookies~" the younger moaned on how it was unfair and that he needed the calories.

"Please! At least half?!"

"You snooze, you lose, Jeon. Better luck next time. Now come on, you can get back to training now" the Zeus hero sulked as he trudged over to the red training hall.

You've noticed that after a few days of spending time with the new recruit, he had slowly started to listen to you and actually rethink things when you would disagree with him.

One night during this week, he found it difficult to fall asleep as he couldn't do his normal daily training because of his sprained wrist. That night, you decided that taking a walk outside in the cold might get him tired and during that walk you got to know him more.

He didn't have many friends growing up because of his power; people said he was simply using others to get stronger and he wasn't original at all. Which is kind of stupid since his power is to literally copy another's ability.

The younger also explained how that after he joined the academy, he didn't bother making friends since they'd think he'll only be using them.

You remembered how you tried to ask him how he got his powers but decided against it since it was a touchy subject for everyone.

--------------------3 hours later------------------

Here in Zeus, they take their duels and battles very seriously. So much, that they have a dedicated stadium for it.

"I can't believe I have to come here as well. I'm pretty sure I don't need to babysit you anymore-"

"No! You do!" Jungkook tried to assure you through the curtain.

"Why is that? You don't want to run out and do reckless things anymore" you explained while leaning on the wall beside the changing room.

"What if you leave me and I want to run away again?"

"What do you mean 'what if'? You should know!" The both of you and the rest of the new recruits were in the changing rooms located below the stadium. All of you could hear the faint noise of crowds cheering above.

"You can never be sure of the future. Anyway, I'm done" after waiting for a while, Jungkook stepped out of the changing room wearing his hero suit.

"You ready?" You asked while checking his hero suit out. All the companies had their own designated hero suits for their employees which matched their company's colours.

Zeus' colour was yellow and their Crest was of a sword, signifying their strength.

Eros' colour was pink and their symbol was a shield, showing that they were a company to protect their people.

Athena's colour was blue and their Crest was a helmet, showing that knowledge is key for saving the country.

"Yeah, are the experienced heroes going to be here too?" The brunette asked while fixing his boots.

"No, they're coming back tonight. The storm was pretty rough last night so they decided to come later today" you explained while looking at the time and seeing that the battle royale is starting soon.

"I really wanted them to see what I could do" Jungkook wanted to get himself involved with the experienced heroes and hoped that one of them would take him under their wing.

"Maybe them not being here is a good thing. I mean, what if you lose terribly?" You teased while zipping up his jacket properly after he had finished tying his boots.

"I'm not going to lose! I'm going to beat the living daylights out of everyone" this had caught a few glances from the other recruits which only made Jungkook glare at them to look away.

"I'm joking! Just have fun, it's okay if you don't win. Remember, new recruits aren't expected to be amazing in the beginning" you patted his arm encouragingly to which he only rolled his eyes.

"Maybe that should change" you looked at how the younger had become serious as his fists tightened. Suddenly, the speakers turned on and a loud voice came through to the stadium.

"Hello everyone! Welcome to the first battle royale of the year!" You heard the crowd go wild as the large double doors opened to reveal the stadium grounds.

"I guess it's starting... I'm going to head up and watch with everyone else. Don't get yourself hurt!" You warned while watching the copy hero make his way out.

"Make sure to only watch me and only me" he ordered before completely disappearing with the new recruits outside. Raising a brow at the strange comment, you simply shrugged it off and headed up to the stands.

"...fire exits are located accordingly. Now, on to the real fun! Let the games begin!"

_______________________________________