Grip

"Who knows where our limits lie?
We won't discover 'til we push it"

- Seeb, Bastille

_______________________________________

The sun had started it's descent, signalling that evening was coming and that the treasure hunt was going to start soon.

"I can't believe you guys are competing against kids. KIDS!"

"Actually, adults can play too" Taehyung corrected you with a smug look. A few minutes ago, you and Jimin spotted the two Zeus heroes lining up with everyone else who were participating in the treasure hunt.

"You know it's an individual game? You have to be against each other" you reminded them while crossing your arms.

"Which makes it more fun, a little friendly competition never hurt anyone" Jungkook explained this time before high fiving the blue haired hero.

"Why do I feel like someone is actually going to get hurt this time?" Jimin spoke nervously, knowing how determined Jungkook can be when faced with a challenge.

"Treasure hunters! Gather round if you are participating!" Hoseok yelled in to the microphone after finally getting on the high stage.

They were using the stage from yesterday's performance to host the treasure hunt which had meant that they were located near the other side of the park.

"Gotta go and win!" And just like that, Jungkook had vanished along with Taehyung.

"You want to stay and watch this or do something else?" You watched as Jimin thought for a second before clicking his fingers.

"Let's stay and watch, they'll probably need you" you tilted your head in confusion while he linked arms with you before taking you to where everyone else was.

"What do you mean? I'm not letting them cheat-"

"No it's not like that. They're not hunting for an object this time" you two joined in the sideline where people, who were not partaking in the competition but wanted to watch, were.

"Then what are they hunting for-" you were interrupted by the sound of the lucky hero's voice over the speakers.

"Alright, here are the rules! There are three rounds and the people who win every round can go to the final! For each round, I will ask you to find someone who fits the category that I will mention. It's a race to find that person so be quick!" You finally understood why this year's treasure hunt was different from the others.

"Sounds fun, I guess" Jimin only smiled at your comment before looking back at his red haired friend who was trying his best to explain the game.

"Is everyone ready?" The crowd cheered loudly, telling him that they were more than ready.

"Okay! First round!" The hunters went closer to the stage, making sure that they'll hear the category correctly.

"Find a person who can beat this guy-" a large bulky man came on stage before sitting on a chair provided to him as well as a table next to him along with another chair.

"-in an arm wrestle match!" After blinking once, the crowd had already dispersed, running in all directions trying to find someone strong enough.

"Wow, they're not messing around, huh?" You asked aloud while watching everyone in shock as they ran.

After a few minutes, a few had returned back with a person they think they could beat the strong man.

You cooed at some children who brought their mum and dads as their person of choice, thinking how cute they were for bringing them along.

"They should automatically go the next round" you argued, ready to say something to Hoseok if he denied.

"Then this treasure hunt would be more than three rounds" Jimin reasoned as he watched the parents try to ark wrestle the man for their children's sake.

"... you're right" after a few more minutes, you spotted Taehyung coming back with no one, making you think that he had possibly given up. Instead, he went past the line of people who were queuing up to challenge the man and stepped on stage.

"Excuse me, you're going to have to join the line along with everyone else-"

"Will you be my strongest person?" Everyone was shocked, especially Hoseok himself as he stood there with his hand over his mouth.

"Wooooow, I see what you did there. I'm afraid it's a no-"

"Why? You didn't mention in the rules that the host wasn't allowed to be involved" he had got him there.

After much thought, the Eros hero decided to go along with it as he did not mention anything about him being excluded. The crowd had also chanted for him to accept his offer so he couldn't say no.

"Alright! After this round I can't be involved!" The ex-villain could only grin, happy with himself that he had such a brilliant plan. Hoseok walked over to the chair and readied himself to arm wrestle the strong man.

Everyone knew the outcome. They just wondered how the heavens was he going to do it.

"1! 2! 3!" And as soon as it started, it ended.

"Did the chair legs just snap?!" You exclaimed after seeing the strong man lose to Hoseok after losing his balance from the lack of chair legs.

"...you may proceed to the next round" as Taehyung walked off stage, people cheered at his smart thinking as the staff replaced the broken chair.

"Alright, who's next?" The competition carried on, the line became shorter and only half people passed the first round. You kept an eye out for the copy hero but he was no where to be found.

The last person had came up on stage with a fairly strong person of their choice and after getting defeated, Hoseok spoke in to the mic once more.

"Alright! Since everyone has challenged the strong man, we can go to the next-"

"Wait!" Everyone looked behind them to see the Zeus hero out of breath and standing confidently with a smirk on his face.

"Oh? Another challenger? Please step up!" Jungkook turned around to gesture for the person to follow him. The little girl nodded before following beside him to the stage.

Everyone was clearly confused, wondering why he had brought a little girl to arm wrestle a grown man.

Suddenly, the strong man who was still sitting in his chair smiled at the sight before him, seeing that Jungkook was going to win this round for sure.

The little girl finally made it on stage and sat on the chair but the table was too high for her so she had to stand up instead. The crowd awed at the cute girl while you kept an eye on Jungkook. Does he not want to win anymore?

"Get ready! 1! 2! 3!" Hoseok had no choice but to accept the challenger and carry on with the round.

People were expecting for it to have ended as soon as it started. It was clear that the man was pretending to struggle while the little girl laughed at the man in front of her before finally pushing his hand down and making her the winner.

"...A-And the victory goes to the little girl!" Everyone was shocked but clapped and cheered nonetheless for girl's sake. You watched with full interest at the bulky man getting up from his chair and picking the girl up before kissing her cheek.

"You won, princess!"

"I beat you, Daddy!" And there it was. The answer to everyone's questions as to how Jungkook won.

"How did he find his daughter? How did he find out that he had a daughter?!" This was the strangest treasure hunt you had seen yet. And it was only the first round!

____________________________________

E/n: Have a great day readers ♡♡