Gleam

"The entire world
Becomes colored when I'm with you"

-Mamamoo
_______________________________________

It had now been a few days after the Phantom appearance. The news was filled with what happened and not long after did the community protest for answers.

The hero council decided to keep everything quiet with the heroes in the dark with everything.

The heroes who were involved in anyway were brought in for questioning, including you.

You remembered the whole procedure and it wasn't very pleasant. You could tell the officer, who was interrogating you, was stressed. Needing answers and new information for the hero council to be satisfied with.

Not only were you brought in for questioning, they also assigned you guards and told you to never leave Nightingale as they didn't want the enemy to know where you were.

"Excuse me, ma'am. You need to stay with us" the guard persisted while stopping you from standing up.

"I just need to go to the toilet?" You tried to explain while pointing towards the toilets on the other side of the hall. You were currently sitting in the lounge area of the Nightingale building where you wanted to get away from the stuffy infirmary. The guard nodded and gestured for his female partner to take you inside the toilets.

Standing up and following the other guard, you fixed the strap attached to the cast on your arm before heading inside the toilets.

"Do you need any help, ma'am?"

"Just call me Y/N, please. And no, I'll be fine" you gave a thin smile before heading in to one of the stalls. This had been going on for three days.

Three.

Days.

You didn't know what to do with two guards always around you, especially if they didn't talk to you.

You understood that it was their job and that the hero council had put them up to this, but how much longer were they going to guard you? Until they catch Phantom? Will it take days? Months?

Finishing up, you left the stall and went over to wash your hands.

"Would you like help with-"

"I'm alright, don't worry" you quickly said before she could finish her sentence. After drying your hands, you left the toilets with the guard behind you and outside you saw two familiar faces talking to the guards.

"Namjoon! Yoongi!" Running over to them, both of the guards stepped into action and made sure that you stopped while keeping an eye on the heroes.

"Wha- they're heroes!"

"Sorry, ma'am. We can't let what happened with the nurse happen again" the male guard explained.

"He's right, Y/N. Don't trust anyone" Yoongi spoke while placing his hands in his coat pockets.

"Don't trust anyone? Wow, how can I trust anyone if I haven't seen anyone?" You moaned, still having not met up with Myunghee.

"This is all for your safety, better to be safe than sorry" Namjoon stated, not liking the idea of not being able to see you as usual but knew it was for your own good.

"Why are you guys even here? I thought everyone was busy with the Phantom thing"

"Since the hero council wants the country to forget about it, they're telling all hero companies to run as usual. We have a mission here so that's why we're here" Namjoon carried on.

"A mission here? What is it?" Both of them took out their hero licenses and gave them to the guards to see. Confused, you watched as your guards looked at their licenses before returning them and then bowing slightly at you.

"It has been a pleasure working with you, Miss L/N" and with that they walked off.

"Wait, what?"

"We're your new guards"
____________________________________
E/N: Take care ♡♡
-c.chicken and Anna