Pains

****

Taehyung

We arrived at Jin's home at nightfall. His father looks distressed and uncomfortable. Jin is screaming in pain inside his bedroom causing my Hyung to barge inside the bedroom. Hyung quickly carried him out of the house. I cannot stand the sound of Jin's pains. It is heart wrenching and unbearable.

We rushed Jin in the nearest hospital to somehow lessen his pain. Right after the ER admitted Jin, I saw Hyung went inside his car. His forehead against the steering wheel. I know he's hurting too. Just like me, just like Jin's appa and Jin himself.

I wonder how much pain he is feeling right now. Is it the same amount as mine? Or greater? Thinking about the circumstances he had gone through, I am now beginning to put the puzzle pieces together.

When Yoongi and Hoseok told me that the mother of Jin's client went there to threaten them, I thought that the client wasn't serious about Jin. If he was, he will do something to correct what his mother had done. I'm not really bothered because, for me, he is only a client.

Jin escaped in fear. He just graduated and he was forced to leave. There should be a lot of opportunities for him. He sacrificed his dreams of working in the city just to protect his father and the people around him.

I started looking for him. Worrying about his safety. Until I learned about my brother looking for his boyfriend. Little did I know that hyung and I were looking for the same person. The client I thought who doesn't care about Jin does care. And a lot. Hyung was looking for him desperately not knowing he was looking for a wrong person. Someone named Ken. And worse, his mom sabotaged him so he won't find Jin.

I remember that night I asked Jin to stay. I heard him talking to Hoseok about his client getting married. From there, I know Jin likes that client because if he doesn't, why would he care? Perhaps, he loves him even back then.

Now that I know that the client was hyung, I know that his mom is only forcing him to marry someone he doesn't really like. He rejected the marriage because he said he is in love with someone else. That news was all over the broadsheets. I admired him for being brave to stand to what he believed is right. Little did I know that the person he's fighting for is Jin.

Jin always talks about treating me fairly. That he doesn't want to sleep with me when he's sleeping with someone else. Now I know why he doesn't want to accept me before, it's because he's in love with his client. And yes, he was being fair. Not accepting me because his heart belongs to someone else.

I never doubt Jin's feelings for me. Perhaps, he learned to love me too. I know he's looking for someone to protect and love him. Someone who will accept him for who and what he is. And I am confident to say that I gave my all for him. I stepped on my pride just to get his love and attention even though I know that he cannot give himself fully to me. I sometimes wonder, did I just insist myself on him? Did I just insist for him to love me? Did I really care about what he truly feels? Am I being selfish?

Now, I feel bad for my brother. He was deprived of all the chances. It's true, he never abandoned Jin. He never abandoned his child. They were hidden from him. He was stripped off the chances and the right to be with them. He was clueless. He was left out in the dark. He was even deprived of knowing Jin's real name. And what's more miserable, he truly loves Jin. All he needs is a chance. But it was not given to him.

And maybe, if the chances were given to my brother, if his mom did not intervene, then Jin will never be mine.

I knocked on the car window. He raised his head and lowered the window.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

I bought coffee while we wait in the waiting area of the hospital. I gave one to Jungkook before I sat beside him.

"I don't want to argue with you Tae. I have lots going in my head." He sounded defensive. Maybe he's not really up for a talk but I know that he needs this to lessen his pressure.

"I don't want to argue, either. If you don't want to talk, at least listen to me."

He nods.

"I'm canceling my petition to  adopt Soobin."

He furrowed his brows, perhaps, questioning my intention.

"I have my best intention for Soobin. Jin was scared of his son's safety when your mom threatened him. I wanted to protect them. I love Jin so much. I'm willing to be the father of his son even if Soobin is not from me. I thought you already abandoned them because Jin said you're about to get married. I didn't realize that's it's you he's talking about."

"Thinking about Soobin's welfare, I don't need to worry now. Don't you ever think that Jin doesn't care about you or your feelings. He does. Maybe he cannot think clearly. You know that he's in both physical and emotional pain. Jin messaged me before he left. He reminded me to let you have your son. He didn't mean that my opinion or decision or that I am more important. It's more of reminding me of your paternal rights. I know he's respecting me as I filed a petition for adoption and I hope you understand."

I let out a deep breath. I am controlling my emotions from the start. I don't want to show my brother that I'm weak. "In reality, you are the father, you did not abandon him and you are more than capable of raising him. I know that you will protect him and will love him. Besides, I'm still happy because I didn't really lose Soobin, right? You will be the best father for him and I promise to be the best uncle."

I can see my brother's hands are shaking. He is crying. I know I made the best decision. And I know that this will make Jin happy.

***

A/n:

This note should be published alone but I decided to put this together with this chapter.

In all honesty, I lost some readers and followers because of the progress of the story. I know some of you want Jin to end up with Tae and some with JK. I have given enough clues and some of you already got it. Taejin, Kookjin or no ship at all.

Regarding Soobin, I will not go through technical aspects because I don't think that's the highlight of this book and I don't want to make things more complicated. I usually don't answer questions that will be answered in the future chapters or are already answered. I included the adoption issue as background to answer the question of why Jin NEEDS to inform Taehyung about JK's paternal rights. Everything will be straight forward and the answer will be in this chapter.

To everyone who thinks Jin is being unfair to JK, or why it's easy for him to just let it all go, please be reminded that Jin is chasing with time and in a state of distress. I already read comments who have the same thought as I am but I chose not to disclose. Again, there are still few chapters left in this book.

The progress may not suit your taste or the ending may not be the way you want it, but I will stay with my plot and it will end the way I want it to end. There may be holes or questions left unanswered but yeah, not all stories are perfect.

I hope my readers will understand and will keep supporting this book and my other books in spite of the progress or the ending. I appreciate all your comments and I love them. Thank you so much for engaging with the story!

I LOVE YOU ALL!