Unexpected

The breeze in Busan just keeps me feeling youthful lately. The weather and the air is good for my growing baby inside my tummy. This has been my routine every day. Going to the nearby market, pass by the shore to breathe some fresh air and go home.

I rub my tummy as I watch the fishing boats arrive at the shores. One of them must be carrying my appa.

I transferred back to my hometown five months ago and my appa followed two weeks after his release from prison. My father got his old job back as a fisherman and he's been so happy lately. Like what I want him to be. Happy and with peace of mind. He deserves it.

I hate it when he cried when I finally broke the news of my pregnancy. I cried hard too. I have lots of promises for him. Promise that I will make our lives better, our future to be bright and not to live in poverty anymore and away from each other. But he accepted me and loved me even more. The kind of love that I'm longing for. With my appa, I don't need to worry. Because with him, he will love me without judging. And I have no apprehensions, no fears.

I am not working right now. My father wanted me to take good care of myself until I give birth to my baby. It's kind of boring but I get to do what my eomma were doing before. And it made me feel like a real father already.

I go back to our rented home. I picked up the newspaper on the doorway and tossed it on the dining table. I will prepare something for lunch. I'm kind of happy today. I'm not sure why. Must be the weather? The weather is on a bit of the cold side and that's my favorite weather.

I'm not thinking of something negative lately. I think it's a good thing that I ditch using a mobile device. Ever since I threw my phone on the river, I never have another one again.

I looked at the newspaper and my heart almost dropped on to my feet. The news on the sideline at the front page of the paper just pinches my heart. No, it gives me a hard blow. I thought I got over him now. My life has been good lately. I'm trying to forget everything that happened in Seoul but the news just brought all the bad memories back.

Jungkook is set to marry the daughter of Han Electronics. Their picture posted on the front page. My heart hurts. He said he will not marry her. He said he will never marry someone he doesn't love.

If I stayed and hoped that he will marry me, maybe I am dying in regrets right now because he will still marry that woman like what his family has planned for him. He's not telling the truth. He's only good in words. I should know. I'm just his second option. Never the first.

But maybe he really fell in love with her because I left him without a clue. I left him just like that. Maybe he's angry at me for leaving him so he decided to date that woman instead of waiting or looking for me.

A knock on the door put me back in reality. The reality that I am in right now. I am alone in this situation and I will soon be raising my child alone. The reality that this is my choice. My choice to be away instead of asking for help from the father of my child. My choice to be afraid. Can you blame me? But it's okay. My appa will surely take care of us to the extent that my baby won't be needing his father.

"Wait for appa! Coming!" I yelled as I walk towards the front door. My appa came a little early than expected. But it's okay. He's working really hard lately and I want him to take a long rest.

My eyes widened in shock as I saw the person standing on my front door. He is staring at me and I can feel the loneliness in his eyes. I wanted to grab something to cover my big tummy but his eyes already landed on it.

My eyes started to tear up. I hold on to my bump and lowered my head. This is something that I never expected. I never really think that I will meet any of them again. I really detached my life from Seoul and from all the people I left there.

"Jin." His deep voice never has a hint of bitterness or anger. It is pure and sweet. When he smiles, my tear fell. He pulled me into his arms and gave me a tight hug.

I placed a glass of juice and a pastry on the table in our small living area. He still hasn't change. He is very appreciative even of the smallest things. I sat down and waited for him to talk.

"How are you? I hope you're doing fine." Taehyung smiled. I can't look at him in the eye. I'm shy not only because I left without any reasons but also because I am pregnant.

"I'm good. Enjoying the breeze and the weather here." I smiled back. I felt a small kick inside my tummy. Maybe my baby wanted to say something.

"How far along is your baby?" He asked, he reached out and touched my baby bump. He rubs his hand on it as he smiles.

"5 months," I answered as I watch his hand on my belly.

"Are you getting your monthly checkup? Do you have vitamins?" He asked and I wanted to sob. How can he just be so calm while I am panicking of his possible questions?

"My appa has been taking care of me," I answered. My voice starting to crack. I really wanted to cry. It's been a while.

There's an awkward silence after. His hand still on my tummy. I know the question in his mind. I'm trying to think of the right words to say once I answer his question and it's making me nervous.

"How did you know that I'm here?"

His eyes just outstare me. His gaze is always like that, intense and intimidating.

"My dad. I asked for his help." He answered.

I nod. "So you know that I'm pregnant even before you come here?"

"No. I just learned it now. I didn't know. I went to the bar and talked to the manager there. I went to your apartment and talked to Yoongi. They never mention anything about your condition. All I know was..."

"...My client's mother threatened me. And that client is the father of my child." I looked at him. He knew my job. He knew the possibilities. He knew that's the reason why I can't be with him. "Taehyung, I chose to live here because I'm so afraid. I don't want other people to suffer because of me especially my appa. I'm also afraid that once he knew that I'm pregnant and his mother learned about it, they will get my child from me."

"And I doubt if his mother will believe that this child is from his son. Even you Tae, I am a stripper, my work will make you doubt about who is the real father of my child. My job requires me to jump from man to man. That's how people see my job. That's how people will judge me."

"But I am sure that this child is from him. I am exclusively working for him. But his mother is very judgemental. She called me names. She already belittled me. What other worst thing she will say against me once she learned about this? And I don't want to think about the worst that she could do. That's why I moved away."

"I can stand as the father of the child."

I think my world stops the moment he said that. My tears just can't stop from falling. How can he say such things? He's a grown man. How can he decide so easily?

"Taehyung, you don't know what you're talking about. Don't make decisions like you're just choosing what to wear for the day. This is serious Taehyung. How can you claim a child that is not yours? We're not even dating."

"I will court you if that's what it takes to show you that I'm serious." Taehyung wipes my tears them holds my hands. How can he look at me straight in the eye like nothing worries him? "Jin, I've already said this before. But you're so hesitant to try. You're always worried about that guy. I knew right then that you love him. I'm not blaming you. I promised to wait for you and I will stay true to that promise. I love you, Jin. For who you are. I'm ready to accept anything for you. Just give me a chance."

***
A/N:
I'll try to fix any errors some other time. 😁😁