Taehyung

I must admit that I am living an extremely comfortable life with my mom. Though it took me a while to accept the truth that my mother is a mistress.

My father is a very supportive one. Mom told me that he owns a company and is very wealthy. Since I'm not interested on any of his fortune, I never really brag about him to anyone and did not even bother to find out the name of his company.

But to be fair, my father is a good father to me. Never looking at me like someone made from sin. He never treat me any different from his legal son. And as far as I know, his real family knew about me and my mother. But I've never met them yet.

Somehow, I learned to like our family set up. Father will visit us at least twice a month, checking for our needs . He is currently monitoring my studies as I am a graduating IT student.

"Your father is giving you a car so you don't need to take a bus going to school."

"No mom. I don't like to accept any large gifts from dad. I don't want to take advantage of his status. Besides, I am very much happy and contented taking the bus everyday." I said while placing my books inside my bag.

I also cook meals that I bring to school and share it with my bestfriend Jimin. Though my dad gives me enough money to have a lavish meal everyday, three times a day, I still choose to be discreet about my social status and live a simple life. I am saving the excess in my bank account. Saving while still young. And me being an illegitimate child, I should be wiser in saving money. Since I don't have any idea as to until when my dad will be a father a to me. He may leave us empty handed one day.

I usually take the back entrance of the high end condominium building where we are currently residing. I am avoiding people who knows me to have a hint that I live in an upscale condominium. I want some information about me to remain private.

Jimin who knew everything about me, always wait for me at the bus stop every morning. We usually take the bus to school and back home everyday. We are like brothers.

He's also waiting for the meals I prepared. We usually eat our breakfast on the bus while on our way to school.

"Sandwich." I hand him his share of clubhouse sandwich and a bottle of ice cold coffee.

"Yeyyy.. thank you." Jimin smile widely making his eyes disappear. He is an academic scholar is school. He actually lives in the inner suburbs of Seoul. Though not living an easy life, Jimin is the nicest friend one could ever have.

"You did accept the car?!" Jimin said in shock when i told him about my dad's plan to give me car.

"I don't need one. I can go to school and go back home riding a bus everyday. I don't think that's necessary. I'm fine with the commute."

"For real? A lot of guys our age are dying to have a car and you just ignore the offer?"

"It's not that Jimin, I sure want a car but not as a gift from him. I want a car that I will buy for myself in the future. I don't want to take a lot of expensive gifts from him. You know my mother's place. You know my status. So might as well draw a borderline. You know what I mean." I said while I took a big bite of my sandwich.

" Anyway, what's your plan after college? Let's apply in LG!" Jimin wants to apply in a multi national company. As much as I want to, but I just can't.

"I'm afraid I can't do that Jimin."

"And why? Where's your plan?" He asked curiously.

"Where else?" I sighed and Jimin let out a chuckle.

"Well, you still can't escape whatever you have right now. Don't you think?"

"Unfortunately. But somehow, I think it's a way to give back to my dad's good intentions towards me and my mom. He's a good father after all. He loves my mom and he's also a good provider." That's the truth. I can see how my dad treats my mom and I can tell that he trully loves her. I used to hate it but eventually get used to it.

"I'll try to take you there with me." I said to Jimin.

"What company does your father owned?" He asked.

Silence.

"Don't tell me you don't know?"

"I don't know." I said, embarrassed.

Jimin laughed. "Seriously Tae? You never inquire about it? In your 22 years of existence, you never inquire about his company?"

Sad to say. "You know that I'm not interested before."

"Well, time to get interested now. You'll be working with them you know. And how dare you have plans of taking me to a company you don't have an idea as to what or where." He chuckles and continue. "Time to inquire now. Besides, you'll get to meet your brother you never had a chance to meet yet. Aren't you excited?"

"I bet my hyung is excited to meet me so he can insult me for being an illegitimate son. How can I be so excited about it? The main reason why I'm not interested in my father's wealth whatsoever. I'm pretty sure he will mock at me."

Jimin nods his head. He probably got my point. My father's family is sure to be angry at me and my mom. I can't blame them. It's very unfortunate but I guess that's the consequence for being born outside of wedlock.