Jungkook

Growing up as a son of a wealthy father is not as exciting as everyone thought it would be. And unlike the perception of many, I did not grew up a spoiled rich kid. My father prepared me and hone me to be his successor at young age so I basically grew up to work and not to live.

My father owned a Technology Company in Korea. He started at the bottom. Success and a number of failures all the way up. He finally grasped the ins and outs of running a business and eventually became the biggest in the country.

I grew up meeting a lot of people. Rubbing elbows with the richest and the prominents. Surrounded by money, influence, authority and power. I got a lot of attention just by being a son of the wealthiest. At my early age, I already talk about assets, liabilities, capitals, stocks and profitability.

Maybe guys my age back then were enjoying night outs, video games, strolling and other things a 'normal' teen were doing. I am different. My night outs were wine and cheese with the business partners, my video games were business presentations, strolling to the company partners and basically, I did not grew up to be a normal teenager.

But I can say that I live a luxurious life. We live in an exclusive gated village. My family always go out of the country six times a year. I think I touched my foot to all the countries in the world. My parents bought everything that I needed, or shall I say I wanted. I never really consider myself spoiled. Probably spoiled but not a brat.

I have everything in life. High end cars and gadgets, I was enrolled to every sports that interests me when I was young, I have my own penthouse loft in an upscale condominium and a bottomless bank account.

But as i face the reality, it's not all about money. That's when I find out that only a chosen few were living a very comfortable life like I do. I don't know anything about being a working student to be able to graduate. I was amazed on how they manage to balance their time studying and working. They are superheroes for me. I don't know that debt is a very cruel word. And knowing these made me appreciate the life that I am enjoying right now.

But these things got me really burned out as i fall into the pit of sadness. Is this really how i should live my life? Walking into the shadows of my father? I suddenly feel unworthy of the extravagant lifestyle I am having.

It's my best friend Namjoon who thought me that I did not live to work but rather, I work to live. He showed me how guys my age are supposed to live. Enjoying life. Night outs. Men. Sex. Alcohol. Just everything I missed before. And I can say that i love it.

Now that I am 28, I think my father let go of me and let me enjoy my independence that once refused to be given to me. I still live in his shadows when it comes to business and work but with my life, i am in control. I'm working now as a Vice Chairman in Jeon Technologies.

"Hey Boss JJK!" This is the usual greeting of Namjoom whenever he will barge inside my office.

I usually give him an angry stare but it's not working. He probably knew me real well. "Knocking before coming in means you have good manners Nj."

Namjoon sunk himself onto the couch inside my office. "Hmmm.. Manners 101 with JJK."

"That's basic Joon. Anyway why?" I asked as I pull myself up from my swivel chair and sat on the sofa.

"Kai invited us in his party next week. He said he was calling you but you're not picking up." Namjoon said. Kai is one of our friends who is about to get married to his long time boyfriend.

"Mm.. I'm in the meeting when he called. When is the party by the way?"

"On the 23rd, it's a Friday so by now, I would like to give you a heads up that I cannot attend the meeting on the 24th. As I am completely fucked up for sure. He said he will hire strippers! Yeah baby!" Namjoon slapped his thigh when he said the last two words.

I smirked. "File your leave properly and say the exact reason you said."

Namjoon just laughed.

"I'll be leaving on the 25th for another week of training. Father gave me the new project. I will lead the release of the new phone model of Jeon." It's been bothering me for quite a while as my father has been stressing me about it. He is a perfectionist.

"That's good. Well, at least you'll have a memorable night before going to that boring training of yours. You can take one of the strippers home." Namjoon winked. This fuck boy.