Missing

The bottle of rum flew across the room. Remembering that today doesn't give him the change he wanted. Jungkook is pissed every day.

It's been three months and still, no signs that Ken will come home. He doesn't even have a clue on why Ken suddenly leaves. All he had was a text message from him saying goodbye.

Jungkook grabbed his phone. Dialing Ken's number for a thousand times. Even though he's getting the same answer every time, he still tries and it upsets him that he looks like an idiot trying to contact a dead phone. What irritates him the most is, he is aware that the line is already cut but he still attempts to call it every day.

He threw the phone on the wall just in time Namjoon enters his office. Namjoon ducks immediately, avoiding the flying mobile phone. His eyes widened in shock.

"Heyyy!" Namjoon yelled as he looks at the broken phone and the pieces of glass on the floor. "That's the tenth phone you broke and I don't know how many bottles already crashed on the floor. Can you at least calm down?"

Jungkook rakes his hair with his fingers. Grabbing some and pulling it in frustration. "How can he do this to me?!" His voice is loud and angry. He chugged down the glass of rum and lowered it hard on his table. The ice clinks against the glass and his grip tighten as if trying to break it with his hand.

"Jungkook, you're doing your best to find him. Your detective has been searching non-stop. You should sit there and relax." Namjoon tried to calm his friend. Although he has said those words a number of times already.

His intercom buzzes and Namjoon gladly takes the call. "Yes?"

"Mr. Min Yoongi is here, sir."

Jungkook grabs the intercom from Namjoon. "Let him in."

Yoongi opens the door and bows down at Namjoon and Jungkook. "Good afternoon Mr. Jeon, Sir Namjoon."

"Have a seat," Jungkook ordered looking uninterested about anything aside from news about Ken, of course.

Yoongi sat across Namjoon who looks apologetic. Jungkook has been acting rude ever since Ken went missing. He was able to fire five employees for small reasons.

"Ken already called?" Jungkook's tone is more of a statement rather than a question. And Yoongi is confused.

"Mr. Jeon, I'm really sorry. He promised to keep in touch but until now, I haven't received anything from him. A text, a call or even a letter." Yoongi cannot say the name, Ken. He knew that it's only an alias. As much as he wanted to tell the truth to Jungkook, aside from their friendship, Jin's well-kept secret is also important. He doesn't want to spill something that he doesn't have a hand about.

"I almost searched in the whole of Seoul, the nearby city and provinces. There's no fucking Ken Kim and it's driving me crazy!" Jungkook slams his hand on his table. He leaned forward and glared at Yoongi. "Are you keeping something from me Yoongi?"

Yoongi confidently shakes his head. "I am clueless like you Mr. Jeon. I am also worried about him. He left just a day after graduation. He reasoned his father. I guess he's worried about his father being accepted by the public. I'm not sure, really." Yoongi knew very well all the lies in his words. But there's still a slight truth in it, he thought.

Jungkook closes his eyes. He is losing his patience. "Once I learned that you're lying to me or that you're keeping something from me, Mr. Min, I will fire you without any second thought. Get out!"

Yoongi stands up and bows again. He hurries to the door and goes out immediately. Then another man went in and bows to Jungkook.

"Where is he? It's been three months. I'm expecting that you have the answer to my question now." Jungook asked the detective he hired, his teeth gritted and his face looked unhappy.

"I already found the last location of Mr. Ken through his mobile phone, Mr. Jeon."

Jungkook's eyes widened. A spark of hope written in his face. "Where? Where is he?"

"I am sure that you won't like this but it's on the Tancheon River."

Jungkooks' forehead creased. "What does it mean?"

"Mr. Jeon, Mr. Ken threw the phone on the river."

"Can you see the messages?" Jungkook asked.

"No, sir. We need the physical phone to be able to retrieve the messages."

Jungkook leaned on the backrest of his swivel chair. Feeling defeated. It seems like there's no other way to know his whereabouts.

"Jungkook, what if Ken went out of the country? He did that on purpose. I guess he's planning all these even before he graduated. And his message was obvious, don't look for him anymore because Ken doesn't exist." Namjoon tried to decode Ken's message and Jungkook did not like what Namjoon just said.

***

"Tancheon River?" Jimin asked as his eyes are fixed on the river.

Taehyung stares at the water. Jimin and he are working hard on an application for the past three months to locate Jin. And the app points the Tancheon as Jin's last location.

"I can feel it Jimin." Taehyung's voice bears desperation. "Jin is keeping something. He will not throw his phone in the waters if he's not concealing something. It's obvious, he doesn't want anyone to find him."

"Do you think something happened?" Jimin is as curious as Taehyung.

Taehyung rests his hands on the railings. "Jimin, he went to our condo the day before he went missing."

Jimin looks baffled. "Why are you telling me that just now?"

"I think what happened was too private Jimin."

Jimin's eyes widened and his lips pout in surprise. "You made love with him?!"

"No! It's not that."

"You said it's private," Jimin stressed out.

"He wanted me to pay him for sex."

"You did?"

Taehyung shakes his head. "I will never take advantage of him Jimin. He's drunk. It's obvious, he's desperate. He's not like that when I left him after graduation. He was okay. Maybe something happened in between. He will not ask me for something like that if nothing happened."

"Did you ask his roommate? I guess if there's someone who knew something, that would be his roommate." Jimin suggested.

Taehyung looks at Jimin. "Do you think it's a good idea to pay Yoongi a visit?"

"Or the bar where he used to work?" Jimin suggested again.

"Great!" Taehyung walks towards his car. "Let's go to both of them."

***
A/N:

Merry Christmas 🎄to all my lovely readers! I cannot greet each one of you but I wish all of you good health and abundance!

I love you all so much!

12252019
#BTSisComing 🤞