What's Mine

Jungkook

I am currently messaging Namjoon to place my mom in the blacklist. I don't want her inside my building. Not even her shadow. She's disgusting for ruining my life. I thought parents should always want their child's happiness but it seems like she's the other way around.

My father gave the Chairmanship to me not because he wanted me to marry the daughter of the owner of Han Electronics. But because he believes that I can handle the company well. Never in my life, he pushed me to something I don't like.

My mom is a social climber. She's always out of our home socializing with her friends. She loves being on the Lifestyle section of every newspaper in the country and she's enjoying the perks of being the wife of the richest man of South Korea. She doesn't know how to cook, to clean, or to take care of us. None. All she wants is the limelight.

My father filed a divorce against her just recently. They have been fighting almost all their married life and my father wanted peace. They marry each other just to conform. I know that I am not conceived out of love. Chaebol's family needed a son to pass the business from generation to generation. Perhaps, that's also the reason why they only have one child. They needed a son as heir. And since they got a son from the first try, they never had another.

Father just marry her because that's what his parents wanted. My mom belongs to a rich family before they got married. Father said, my mom's family business collapsed just a year after their wedding. And it made him realized that my mom's parents carefully planned the wedding so their daughter won't suffer deprivation and shame.

My mom wanted me to have the Chairmanship. She's afraid that my father will give it to his mistress's son. My mom wanted me to have it as soon as possible to maintain her position in our family. She wanted to make sure that I have the company in my hands. Because once their divorce has been finalized, she will be nothing. She will only have me to lift her up.

She wanted me to marry the chaebol's daughter because she wanted to maintain the class, power, 'decency', tradition and wealth. It's all because of our fucking position in the business world. She's always thinking about money and being with her social circle. It's all about her. Nothing more.

My father doesn't want me to experience that. And he told me that he found real love with a sex worker in a club -- Taehyung's mom. I haven't met her until Taehyung's graduation and she's a very nice woman. Simple, caring and very sweet. The exact opposite of my mom. She never asked for anything. Just a home and education for his son. She did not even name him after father.

I understood then why my dad loves her and why my dad wanted me to find my happiness. I envy Taehyung because she was raised and taken care of by a mother while I was raised and taken care of by a baby sitter.

Thinking about all of it, my anger just grew even more. I can't believe my mom just ruined my life. Jin is my happiness. Knowing that Jin is pregnant with my child, I really think I couldn't forgive my mother for treating him like trash. All I want right now is to have him back.

"Hello?" A voice from behind called and I immediately stand up to greet him. He must be Taehyung's boyfriend. I am looking forward to meeting his newborn son.

But the moment I laid my eyes to the owner of the voice, mixed emotions came dropping one by one. It's like someone splashed cold water on my head.

I've been looking for him for months. Months of making my life like hell. And now he's here. Standing in front of me. Staring at his eyes feels like I'm looking at how I imagined the heavens. He is still very beautiful but it seems like he lost some weight. He's a little pale. And he's not pregnant anymore. He has given birth and our son is here, sleeping.

"Seokjin?" It feels weird calling him that way. I only knew him as Ken.

I noticed how his hands are shaking. His whole body even. He's in a state of shock. I am too. Who would have thought that I will see him today? But there's a big problem, he's my brother's boyfriend. Now I know why the name sounded familiar. I've heard the name before. And it's now I realized, Taehyung mentioned his name. But how did it happen? Why is he my brother's boyfriend now? How did they meet?

I am about to support him as I feel he's going to pass out when Taehyung came.

"Babe?" Taehyung called. I thought someone stabbed me in my chest. Jealousy taking over. Especially when Taehyung pulled him close and cupped his face. "Are you okay? Is it your stomach again?"

"Is everything okay, sweetheart?" Taehyung's mom asked. They looked so concern about Seokjin.

"I-i'm fine." Seokjin forced a smile. His arms wrapped around Taehyung's waist and Taehyung kissed him deeply on his lips. My heart is shattered into pieces. I cannot watch him being kissed in front of me. By my own brother.

Taehyung hugged him close and I heard Taehyung said I love you. I thought my world crumbled when I heard Jin whispered soft I love you too.

"Oh! Hyung, I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce him." Taehyung smiled at me widely. I know he's so proud. I'll be proud too if Seokjin is mine.

I smiled and looked at Seokjin who is still uneasy. "No, it's okay. I already introduced myself." I lied. There's no need for an introduction.

"Wow, that's great. I told you, baby, my Hyung is nice. Right?" Taehyung looks so fondly at Seokjin.

"Yes." He looks at me with grief. But he is still giving me his soft little smile that I missed so much. "He's nice."

And before we can continue, father already has my son in his arms. He's dancing gently and cooing. Looking at the baby with excitement.

"He looks a lot like me," Father said while staring at the baby. "Jungkook, look at Soobin, this is how you looked like when you're still a baby."

Seokjin wanted to throw up. And Taehyung quickly holds him. "Let's go to the toilet."

But Seokjin refused. "No, it's not like it. I'm okay."

Taehyung has Seokjin sit down. Now I wonder, why is he claiming that the child is his son? Is he aware that the child is not his?

"Can I hold him?" I asked while looking at Taehyung. I wanted to hold my son.

"Of course, of course." Taehyung is so excited. I don't know if I should be sad or worried once he learned that I am the real father.

My tear almost fell when my son is finally in my arms. I made sure to hold it in. It's true, it's one of the best feelings in the world. I looked at Seokjin who is staring at me while I hold the baby close to my chest. I don't know what he's thinking. I don't know how he feels right now. All I know is we have so many things that we need to talk about.

And I am determined now to get back what's mine.

Seokjin and our son.