Revealed

Seokjin walks to downtown Busan to look for a payphone. It's an hour away from his home and he spent some of the savings he has for his checkup on weekend for bus fare. In his hand is the Business Card Jungkook gave to him the night he offered to exclusively work for him. He didn't know why he kept it but he is grateful now that he did. Perhaps, he's anticipating the day that he would be needing to tell Jungkook the truth.

His heart pounds under his chest as he reached the booth. His hand rests on the phone for a while. He's having second thoughts of calling. He doesn't know why he's hearing someone telling him not to call. But he cannot fathom the thought that Jungkook will get married without knowing the truth.

He put the phone on his ear and insert some coins before dialing the number. He takes a lungful of air and hold on to his growing tummy as he waits for someone to pick up the phone. We'll be calling your father, baby.

"Office of the Chairman, how may I help you?" It's a voice of a woman. Probably, a secretary.

He takes another lungful. "Is this the office of Mr. Jeon Jungkook?"

"Yes, may I know who's calling?"

So Jungkook is now the Chairman?

"Uh... This is Kim Ken. Can you please transfer the call to him? This is something important." Jin closed his eyes and prop his hand on the booth. He's feeling so nervous.

"What's the name again?"

"Ken. He knows me. I need to talk to him." I repeated making sure to say my name clearly.

"Ken." The secretary writes the name on her desk calendar. "Okay, Mr. Ken. Kindly wait for a second."

But before the secretary can inform Jungkook about the call, Jungkook's mom grabbed the phone and glared at the secretary. She gestured to the young woman to keep her mouth shut. Mrs. Jeon waited for a moment before talking to the phone.

"Mr. Ken?" Mrs. Jeon asked, changing her tone in a more cheerful one.

"Yes? Can you transfer it now?" Jin asked eagerly.

"I'm sorry Mr. Ken but Mr. Jeon doesn't want to talk to you."

The secretary looks puzzled and scared at the same time.

"Why? Please, Miss, you ask him again. Maybe he didn't hear my name clearly. It's Ken, K-E-N. He knows me." Jin's eyes watered. Although he doesn't want to have any communication with Jungkook, he doesn't know why he wanted to talk to him now.

"Mr. Ken, can you please tell me exactly your business with him? I can relay it to him." Mrs. Jeon's eyebrow raised and she doesn't seem amused.

"Miss, this is important. This is about us. This is personal. Please transfer my call." Jin sounded desperate. He wanted to tell the woman his real name but Jungkook is not aware of his real name. He only knows him as Ken.

"Mr. Ken listen, I wish to inform you that your name is one of the names Mr. Jeon blacklisted to call him. It means whatever you wanted to say is not important. Besides, he's not here right now. He's busy preparing his wedding with his fiance. So please stop calling here. Thank you."

Mrs. Jeon dropped the call. She writes down the number registered in the caller ID and deleted it after. She leaned down at the table, glaring at the scared secretary. "Don't you dare say anything to Jungkook or you will regret it. Understood?"

The secretary nods and Mrs. Jeon went inside Jungkook's office.

***

Jin holds his chest as he cried. He wasn't able to put down the phone, he just left it hanging in the booth as he walks away.