Chapter 37

"Molecular Meltdown? Really? I don't buy it. There's no possible way." I told him, trying to disbelieve it. "There is no such thing as a power called Molecular Meltdown."

"Tyler, before you got these powers, did you even think super powers were real?' he asked me. He actually had a pretty good point.

"Look, if this really is another power, why didn't this damn thing in my neck cancel it out?" I asked him.

"Maybe they weren't expecting you body temperature to get to the point of melting through solid concrete." said Andrew from the other side of the wall. "To be honest. that is one wicked power."

"Andrew is right." Said my dad. "They couldn't have been expecting something like that. Turn around, let me take a look at yours." He said. I obliged. He looked for a minute then grunted to himself "Well what do you know, yours seems to have been short circuited."

"What does that mean? I asked him turning back around to look at him.

"Means that you've got full use of your powers again." He told me. "Which is a good thing. Now we can work on figuring a way out of here."

"Yeah, we," I said motioning to me, Andrew, and Sarah, "can figure a way out of here. You can sit here and rot for all I care." I regretted the words as soon as they left my mouth. The look of hurt that washed across my dads face was enough to make me apologize.

"Dad..." I started, but he cut me off.

"Don't. Just don't. You have every right to be mad at me, I'm not telling you not to, but all of us deserve a shot to get out of here." He said, visibly upset.

"Dad, stop it. You and I both know that I was talking out of my ass there. Of course I don't want you to stay here and rot. I want you to see mom. I want you to come home. We both miss you so much." I said.

"I missed both of you so much too. Come here son." He pulled me into an embrace and hugged me tight. I hugged him back even tighter.

"You guys hugging it out?" asked Andrew from the other room.

"Yeah, yeah we are." I said back to him, pulling away from my dad.

"Well, finish it up. I think someone is coming." He said, and his words were followed by loud, thunderous footsteps. They stopped outside Andrew and Sarah's door. There was a loud beep, most likely from a keycard, and then the door popped open with a hydraulic hiss.

"Looks like it's y'alls lucky day. You two, with me." said the man in a deep southern accent.

"No, you stay the hell away from us." said Andrew. "No. NO! STAY AWAY!" Screamed Andrew. A sickening blow was delivered to who I guess was Andrew, then the sound of a body hitting the floor.

"No, please no." begged Sarah.

"Then come willingly." said the man, his impatience sounding like it was growing.

"You know I won't." said Sarah, being as defiant as ever.

"Then you leave me no choice" said the man. I'd had enough. My blood was boiling again, but I knew it was for a good reason. Every molecule of me knew what I was supposed to do, and sweet Jesus was I ready to get the hell up out of here.