Chapter 36

I looked at him kind of dumbfounded, not believe what he was saying.

"What do you mean that they don't come out?" I asked him.

"I mean that I've been here since that so called 'wreck' and I haven't found a way to get them out. Safely anyways." he explained to me.

"What do you mean safely?" asked Sarah form the other room. "How do you know there is an unsafe way to do it?" How did he know?

"Look, its gonna sound crazy, cruel even, but there are other people in here with the Metagene, but they weren't born with it. This place...they have taken away genes from me and put them into others. Some people have made it, but most haven't. The ones that do make it go mentally insane or go mad with power. No one has figured out what makes me ME, and then you came along. Almost an exact replica of myself, then you came along, with these powers, and not clinically insane. So they took you..." he explained to us. I was speechless. I didn't know what to say, and from the sound or it, neither did Sarah or Andrew.

"How...how do you want me to respond to that?" I asked him. "You mean to tell me that all this is YOUR fault? That me, Sarah, and Andrew are all being held captive here because they want to run tests on us!? Me and my friends are in danger because of you? What do you have to say for yourself?" I was in his face screaming at him at this point. I looked down, then looked around, then backed down. All my dad could do was look down.

"I'm sorry." he said, "I'll get you guys out of this though. You have my word."

"This was supposed to be just a rescue mission, and now I'm going to get pieces of me ripped out and my friends will most likely be affected by whatever fucking operation that these bastards are going to put them through." I said to him through gritted teeth. I was seething. I was angrier than I'd ever been. Angry at my dad for leaving us even if it was forced upon him, I was angry at myself for not being the hero everybody needed, angry at these damn scientists and brutes that think they can do whatever they want to do to us and get away with it. I felt hotter than normal, and by the look on my dads face I was looking as warm as I was feeling, and that me even angrier than before.

"Tyler, calm down." said my dad with his hands up backing into the farthest part of the room. Backing away from me,

"You want me to calm down?! Oh I'll show you calm!" I roared at him, and I punched the wall, but, my fist went through the wall. Not like when I phase through objects, but more like the wall melted around my hand.

"Tyler..." my dad sounded as much in shock as I felt. "I've heard of it done through time, but never would have I ever thought to see it done in my lifetime."

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, pulling my hand from the molten mess.

"You've discovered an ancient ability thought to be lost through time. Until now, that is." said my dad looking at me in pure awe.

"Again, what are you talking about?" I asked him, looking over my hand for burn marks, but there didn't seem to be any. I hadn't even felt the heat from the molten cement. I know I should be injured pretty bad, but I'm not.

"Tyler, look at me." I looked at him. "You have an amazingly rare ability. You've just discovered Molecular Meltdown."