Chapter 34

I jogged over to Andrew at a normal speed, partly because I could feel myself starting to tire out. When I got to Andrew and stuck out my hand to help him up, he hesitated. I realized I was trying to help him up with the hand that had been holding the heart in.

"Sorry man," I told hi as I switched hands. "I did what needed to be done."

"No, Tyler, you killed a man. that wasn't apart of the plan." he said.

"Well, we didn't come here with much of a plan anyways so there's that. I mean, why do you think we brought the guns man. We are here on a rescue mission. If you're not okay with any of this, then walk away now." I told him, with determination to get back those I love in my voice.

"No, I told you I was in, and I meant it." he said, standing up a little straighter.

"Good, cause I think I found a way in." I said as I started walking over to the nearest unconscious guy. When I got to him. I started digging through his pockets hoping I might find a key card. No such luck. I moved on to the next guy with the same luck. Nothing. That only left one other guy. I braced myself, walked over to him, and dug through his pockets, and there in his front left jean pocket, was exactly what I was looking for.

"Got it." I said, heading back to those silver doors.

"Got what?" asked Andrew.

"Our way in." I hollered back and showing him the keycard. "Lets get a move on Andrew."

He came jogging up behind me, and we walked in silence for a few minutes until Andrew broke it.

"So, what was it like?" he asked.

"What was what like Andrew?" I asked him

"You know, going through that guy and bringing his heart out with you. What was that like?" he asked.

"I didn't expect to go through him. I just wanted to put him on his ass, but when I felt myself start to go through him, I thought to myself, Why not just end him completely?, so I did. I took that one guy out. Will I regret it? Too soon to tell, but I'm glad he's out of the way. No need for a man like that in this world." I told him, now feeling a little sick at the act that I committed. "Look, we're here." I told him. I slid the key card through and what was on the other side was nothing like we were expecting. There were about 40 heavily armed guys behind that door, and up at front and center was big ugly, the guy we met when I was first learning how to use my powers.

"Hey there Tyler," He said, a wicked grin setting upon his face. "its so good to see you. Get them." he said to a couple of guys behind him. They advanced towards me and Andrew, and just before I could go supersonic on them, hands grabbed me from behind. I tried to phase through them, but I couldn't.

"You like that you little speedster?" Big ugly asked. "Newest design. See, your daddy could phase right through our old designs like it was nothing. Who knew all we had to do was amp up the liquid hydrogen pumping through those gloves their wearing. Not me, that's for damn sure."

'Liquid hydrogen? Coldest element known to man' I thought to myself.

Then I felt two needles go in to my neck. One injected something large and bulky into my neck, which hurt as bad as a wasp sting, and the second one almost immediately made me feel drowsy. I just got a look at Andrew as they were sticking just one needle in his neck and then everything went black.