Chapter 21

"So what do you think you're doing with my girl Daniels?" Asked Ethan, starting to get defensive.

"Listen, Campbell, I was just gonna walk home by myself. She joined me, and I don't mind the company. So why don't you do both of us a favor and screw off?" I said, anger rising in my voice.

"Oh, you want me to leave you two be? I don't think so." He said, then he swung on me. He landed a punch to my left cheek, and I took the hit knowing that there was nothing I could do unless I wanted to expose my secret. He then quickly came back at me with a knee to the face. I fell straight to the ground and he started laughing at me.

"Is that all you got Daniels? You're such a wuss, can't even stand up for yourself." He made a grab for Sarah, and she pulled her arm out of his grasp. He then grabbed her arm harder, to the point she made a squealed a little in pain. That's what got my blood boiling. Hearing about his abusiveness was one thing, but seeing it was another. I stood up, and Ethan smirked at me.

"So you won't stand up for yourself, but you'll stand up for this bitch? Man, you're such a p-" I hit him with critical lighting speed. He stumbled back, letting go of Sarah, stunned at how hard and fast I hit him. I put Sarah behind me protecting her from him. Ethan's buddy jumped out of his truck and ran to his side to make sure he was okay.

"Get away from me!" Ethan yelled at him. He glared at me, hatred in his eyes.

"So, you think you can stand up to me? You think that's how this works?" He yelled at me, disgust in his voice.

"Just leave. Before you get anymore hurt." I said as calmly as I could.

"Oh, you want me to leave? Nah, that's not how this is gonna play out. You see, I'm gonna knock you out, then I'm gonna take Sarah there and leave you here out on the street, alright?" He said, progressing his way towards me.

"Okay," I said, "you asked for this." I sprinted towards him, not meaning to use my powers, but I did. I rushed towards him like a bullet fired out of a gun, grabbed him by his shoulders, and pinned him against his own truck ten feet away.

"Y-you. Y-you're that g-guy from t-t-t-this morning. Man, when my buddies catch word of this, you're dead Daniels. Dead!" He screamed in my face, letting spit fly in the process.

"That's why they're not gonna find out Campbell, cause I can and will take every single one of them. Then I'll come back and hurt you worse than I did this morning, you understand?" I looked at his buddy. "That goes for you to." I said to him, and he nodded his head in agreement furiously. I pulled Ethan around to the front of the truck and threw him in the drivers seat.

"Now drive." I said, and he closed the door, waited for his buddy to hop in, and drove off. I smiled in content and turned back around to Sarah, and my smile dropped. The expression on her face was a mix of horror and surprise.

"Sarah...this, this isn't what it looks like..." I started to say but she cut me off.

"Tyler stop." She said. "I have to show you something. I know it'll be something you're gonna wanna see. Can you, um, zoom us back to my place or do we have to walk?"

"Yeah, I can...I can do that. Just come here." She walked over to me a little hesitantly. When she got to me I put one arm under her legs and the other arm around her shoulders and picked her up. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I sped off, leaving dust where I was standing before.