Chapter 35

I woke up, head pounding, not really knowing where I was. My neck was still sore from where they injected me, and when I ran my hand over where I got injected at, there was a small lump. When I squeezed it to try and pry it out of my neck, it let loose an irritating buzz that pained my whole body. I held back a scream of surprise, not letting them have any satisfaction.

I attempted to stand, but my head started swimming under the effort. Whatever they drugged me with was strong.

"Hey you're awake." said a voice off to my right that sounded vaguely familiar. "I was afraid that they had given you to much." said the voice again. Was it Andrew? No, the voice was to off tune to be Andrew. So where did I know that voice from. I forced myself to look in the direction of the voice, ignoring the swimming in my head. The face I saw, a face that I never thought I'd see in person again, was my dad.

"Dad!" I exclaimed, and got a sudden burst of energy. I picked myself up off the floor where they dumped me, ran up to him, and grasped him in a tight bear hug. He did the same. "I never thought I'd see you again." I said, feeling tears come to my face. "I never...I thought you were..."

"Everyone did." He said. "Everyone thought I was dead. How's your mom? She doing okay?"

"She's fine. Everyone is fine. Well, all except Sarah. These guys got her, and me and Andrew..." my voice trailed off. I had completely forgotten about him. "Andrew....dad, have you seen him?" I asked him.

"He's over here." said a voice from the other side of the wall. That voice sounded familiar.

"Sarah?" I asked, hoping for some luck as to her still being alive.

"The one and only." she said from the other side of the cement wall. "Look up in the back corner of your room." Of course, in the corner of the room, was an air vent. To small to crawl trough, but big enough to talk through.

"Oh it is so good to hear your voice." I told her. I turned to my dad. "Any idea where this lovely little shithole is located?" I asked him.

"Underground that junk yard you and Andrew were at. They built this place to contain, well, to contain people like me, and now you." He explained.

"Is there any way out?" I asked him. "After all, you have been here for who knows how long."

"One way in and one way out, and that's the door that they brought you through." He told me. "No other way, at least no other way that I've seen."

"Well, I'm not sitting here any longer. I'm phasing my way over to Sarah." I told him.

"No wait..." He tried to explain, but it was to late. I pressed against the wall and tried to phase through, but as soon as I tried to activate my powers, a cold numbness spread across my body like a wild fire, originating for the bulge in my neck. The cold inside my body slowed down my body so much that it looked and felt like I was moving in slow motion.

"W..w..what's going on?" I asked my dad through chattering teeth and fear coursing through my body like I'd never felt before.

"That thing in your neck is filled with enough liquid hydrogen to last years and it only activates only when you attempt to use your powers. Trust me, I'd know about it." explained my dad, pulling down his collar to reveal the one in his neck.

"S..s...so how d..do we get them o..out?" I asked him through still chattering teeth.

"That's the thing, they don't come out."