Chapter 4

I woke up, feeling quite well rested. I realized that I was in my own bed, but I was wearing clothes that were not my normal shorts I wore to bed. I looked over at my alarm clock and it read a little past noon. The sun was shining in through my blinds, making me feel ten times better. The dread overtook my system, remembering what had happened last night.

I leaped out of my bed, threw open my door, and ran into the living room. Sitting there was my mom, curled up on the couch and a blanket thrown over her legs. She saw me and smiled.

"Where's the fire sweetheart?" she asked, a light chuckle in her tone.

"Mom, what happened last night?" I asked, walking throughout the house, looking for damage of last nights events, but there wasn't any.

"What are you talking about honey? I went to bed early and I think you followed  behind me. And when I tried waking you up this morning, you wouldn't even move, so I let you stay home today."

I looked at her skeptically as I kept on searching. But the place looked normal and I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

"I guess I just had a bad dream last night." I said, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"You wanna talk about it?" she asked, concern in her voice.

"Nah, but since you let me stay home, I think I'm gonna go work on the truck." I said

"Okay sweety, be careful."

"Yes ma'am I will." I yelled back before closing the door.

I went out to my shop and threw open the door that held what used to be a beauty of a truck. It was a 1984 Chevy, but it was totaled. My dad had been driving it when it flipped seven times on him and killed him in the process. Broke his neck and that was it. I figured I would get her up and running again in his memory.

The truck was sitting up on jack stands, all the tires were off of it and at an actual shop getting repaired, which, now that I think about it, they might be done now.

I went to the front of the truck and popped the hood, revealing the V8 engine underneath. It sat crooked in there, and I had to get it out. I grabbed the engine mount and hooked it to it, then crawled underneath to get the bolts loose that didn't break out during the crash. While crawling underneath, I knocked one of the jacks with my elbow, causing it to slide down. Before I could think about what was happening, everything slowed down. I looked around and saw that, yes, it was still falling, so I got out from underneath it and then time caught back up and the driver side of the truck slammed onto the ground, the sound of metal clashing with concrete filling the air.

'So,' I thought to myself 'I wasn't dreaming about last night.'  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry about the short chapters, but I'm gonna try and make them longer in the future. Don't forget to comment and vote!