Chapter 33

I grabbed Andrew around the waist and sped off when he said he was ready. We zoomed out from the house, zig-zagging every which way through the streets, around people, passing street signs, up and down roads until we found the place that I first learned to use my powers, where I first stopped a moving bullet with my bare hands. A lot happened here, and it seems a lot more will happen here.

"This is it," I told Andrew. "Barge in or scout the area?

"Like I told you at the house, they knew your dad so they must know how yours and his powers work. They must have a way to dampen your powers." he explained.

"I know I know, but we have to try. Sarah and possibly my father are in there. So I have to do whatever it takes to get to them." I said sternly.

"I get it, but think about it. They take away your powers, then what do you have?" he said.

"You're right." I told him. "So now what?"

"Here," he said handing me the 9MM "take this, just in case your powers to go out."

"Good thinking" I told him, taking the gun from him. "Ready?"

"Ready." he said, a look of determination on his face.

"Here we go." I said.

I hightailed it away from Andrew, scanning the area at super speed, looking every which way, looking for any kind of threat, but there was none. This unsettled me, but it slipped my mind when I found the door to inside the building. It was a solid silver steel door that looked like it opened like elevator doors, splitting in the middle and opening outwards. I looked for one of those up and down buttons, but I didn't find one. However, what I did find seemed to be like a scan pad, so I would guess you would need a key card of some sort. Which, of course, is not something we have. I could try and phase through it, but Andrew is right. We don't know what kind of precautionary measures they have set in place to keep someone like me out.

"Andrew, I've got something over here." I said over the mic in my suit. A minute passed by and I heard nothing. "Andrew, do you hear me?" Still no answer. "Andrew.." I got cut off by gunshots in the distance. I raced towards the sound, praying I didn't just get my bestfriend killed. Just as I came up to where the sound of gunshots was coming from, one whizzed right past my head and forced me to take cover. I tried the mic one more time

"Andrew, can you hear me?" I asked.

"Yes!" he screamed through his mic over the sound of gunshots. "I'm pinned down!"

"Where?" I asked him, hoping I could get to him before he gets seriously injured.

"Northeast side, behind a pallet of barrels! Please hurry!" He said with so much panic in his voice that it made me start top panic. I couldn't screw this up. Him and Sarah were counting on me.

I took a few deep breaths, collected my thoughts, and ran. Ran so fast that the bullets seemed to stand still in mid-air. There were three guys in total, all carrying Smith & Wesson .45 handguns, and all bigger and uglier than I could have imagined. They all were bald, had tattoos running up and down both arms, and one even had them running up his neck and over his scalp. All in a matter of a few milliseconds, this is what I saw. I stopped using my speed long enough so they could see and train their weapons on me. This was now or never. As soon as they started firing, I dashed to the left, knocking the first guy unconscious. I stopped long enough again to make sure the other two guys saw me again, flipped them off, and rushed the guy right in front of me, knocking him off his feet and on to his back ten feet away. He didn't move after that. The last guy, the one with the tattoos on his scalp, looked way uglier up close than he did from way back there.

"This isn't what you want kid." said the guy, trying to intimidate me. "You think that we're the only ones? There are more down in that laboratory, waiting for you. We know who you are, Tyler." He grinned as he said my name, and it really unsettled me.

"You took something from me, and I plan on getting it back." I told him, getting in to my sprinting position. He could feel what was about to happen next, cause he started to raise his gun, but I was faster. I barreled towards him, putting everything I had in to my powers, and flew through him. Not a speck of blood on me, but when he turned around, his eyes were wide and he was clutching his chest. I looked down at my hand and I realized why. I dropped it, and as he fell to his knees, I crushed his heart under my heel.