Chapter 16

After an hour of cooking and a bunch of laughs and goofing off, we had some spaghetti and garlic bread. We sat down to eat, and I couldn't help but think of how much of a date this felt like.

"So, I've been meaning to ask," she started off, "what happened to you." She gestured towards my body.

"To be honest, I really don't know. I woke up in the hospital like this." I said. That was a lie. I knew exactly what made me like this, but I couldn't exactly tell her that.

"Well," her eyes raked over my body, " it looks good, although I'm gonna miss the teddy bear Tyler." I looked at her in dismay. I never thought anybody liked that me.

"So let me ask you, what made you like me?" She looked at me like I should know. I honestly didn't.

"Well," she started off, "it kinda started that day you stood up to Ethan. You didn't have to do that, but you were the only one."

"How are y'all anyways?" I asked her. She looked down at her plate and started twirling her fork in her spaghetti.

"We're still together," she said, like she didn't want it to be true.

"What do you even see on that guy anyways?" I asked.

"When we first got together, he was sweet and kind and he actually made me happy. After that, even though I've seen his bad side, I just can't up and leave him. I just can't." She said, and I actually thought I heard her choke up.

"Hey, ya know what, we won't talk about it for the rest of tonight, okay?" I said, not wanting to upset her even more.

"Thank you Tyler." She said, and looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back at her.

We continued with dinner, telling each other our lives and funny moments and heartbreaking moments, just talking. When we finished dinner, it was dark. We both picked up our plates, walked over to the sink, and I helped her out wash and put away the dishes.

"I really outta get going." I said, not wanting to overstay my welcome.

"Can you, um, I don't know, stay and watch a movie with me?" She asked, almost like she actually likes me.

'Don't think like that,' I told myself 'she's still with Ethan.'

"You know what?" I asked. "That sounds absolutely fun."

"Okay!" She said, a big smile appearing on her face. "How about we add some more fun to it?" She asked as she made her way over to a cabinet, opened it up, and pulled out a bottle of tequila.

"Now that's what I'm talking about." I said, a smile appearing on my face. She grinned even wider, then ran to her room and came back out with a blanket.

"It does get a little cold in this house. Always nice to cover up." She said, then made her way over to the couch. I walked over there and sat beside her, then covered us both up with the blanket. I put my arm around her and she handed me the bottle.

"Don't mind if I do." I said, grabbing the bottle. I took a big swig and felt the liquid fire run down my throat. It was a good burn, and I liked it.

I handed her back the bottle, where she looked at me, then at the bottle, then shrugged her shoulders and took as big a drink as I did. I looked at her, quite impressed.

"What," She said when she noticed me looking at her.

"Nothing, just like a woman that can hold her liquor." I said. I proceeded to turn on the TV and look for a movie. I saw her take about three more big drinks, then hand me the bottle. I took another drink, and held onto the bottle. When I couldn't find anything, she took the remote from me, set it on the arm rest of the couch. She drug her hand across my chest slowly, in almost a seductively way.

"I think I have something better in mind than some TV watching." She said, a alcohol induced smile spreading across her face.

"Oh yeah?" I asked. "And what would that be?" I couldn't feel the alcohol spreading through my system, but the feeling of her hand drawing little circles on my chest felt really good. I felt her hand start to go lower and lower until she was at the waist line of my shorts.

"You know you shouldn't do this." I said. "You are still with douche bag McGee. You have to honor that relationship."

"You're right, but I want this now." She said, and I couldn't lie, I wanted this too.

"Look, I'll make you a deal. You break up with him tomorrow, I will honestly give you what you want. Whether that's a relationship or a one time fling, but you have to break up with Ethan, deal?"

"Deal." She said, another drunken smile spreading across her face. She laid her head across my chest as I grabbed the remote and started flipping through the channels until I found a movie that my mom would usually watch, something sappy and could put you to sleep in a heartbeat. The plan was for me to slip out and go home when she fell asleep. Of coarse, that plan went out the window. I fell asleep right there, my arm around her and her head on my chest. That was the best nights sleep I'd gotten in a while.