Chapter 18

I made it to the school in two seconds flat. I was really getting ahold of this ability, and I loved it.

I dialed down the speed when I got to the main school road. I walked into the school and noticed I was one of the first ones there. I shrugged my shoulders and hopped in line to get some breakfast. I was already really hungry, and I needed some food. I grabbed my food and went and sat down at a table and ate. I scarfed it down, not really tasting it, just wanting the feeling of food in my stomach.

As I finished up, Sarah walked in the doors, noticed me, and took the seat next to me.

"Hey Tyler." She said, looking just a little nervous.

"Hey Sarah. Aren't you worried about Ethan see you next to me?" I asked. She looked towards the doors, as of waiting on him to come through. I grabbed her hand, and she flinched away from me, looking at me like I did something wrong to her. Then I noticed it. She had a bruise on her left cheek, with heavy makeup trying to cover it up. I looked her dead in the eyes.

"Him?" I asked, anger edging into my voice. She looked down, then nodded her head yes. "I'll be back." I said standing up, but she grabbed my hand, worry filling her eyes, almost like she was remembering what happened the last time I stood up to him.

"It's okay," I told her, "I have it covered this time." She reluctantly let go of me, put her hands on the table, and looked down.

"If you're gonna do it," She said at almost a whisper, " make wish he had never hit me." I nodded my head, walked to the door, and as soon as I knew the coast was clear, I sprinted home.