"Maybe I should!" You yell, reaching your arms back to undo a zipper before letting out a cry of pain. Your arms shoot back down and rest on your middle. Poe feels his heart practically stop at the sound of your yelp and he rushes forward.

"Let me do it," he whispers, going to pull the zipper down. You nod tiredly, eyes clenched shut as you rest against the counter. Poe watches your wincing face through the mirror as he tugs the zipper down and guides you out of the suit. "Force, your back looks terrible."

"You really know how to woo a girl, Dameron," you joke, biting your lip as you stop yourself from crying out as the material brushes against a bad burn. Your undershirt covers part of the burns, preventing Poe from seeing the rest of your back; you had managed to slip it on in the infirmary.

"I got you, didn't I?" He quips with a smirk. You open your eyes and look up into the mirror only to find him already watching you.

"Yeah, you did."

"And I, uh, do I still... you know, have you?"

"Only if I still have you."

"Trust me, after the hell you put me through today, there's no way you're ever gonna get rid of me."

You laugh slightly, grimacing as your ribs ache. Poe leans forward, brushing a finger a long your back as he makes sure to avoid the large burns. Your back is pink and blistered where the flames licked your soft skin, and Poe can't help but to admire you even more for your bravery. He hears you suck in a breath as his fingers reach the bottom of your back. He's about to ask what's wrong when you giggle softly.

"That tickles, Poe," you say, a smile playing at your lips. His body feels like every nerve has been hijacked as he watches your smile widen; God, how he's missed you. He brushes his fingers against your side and feels his lips turn up as you laugh. "I'm serious!"

You turn to face him, your features radiating a happiness that wasn't there before. He moves his face towards yours and presses a soft kiss to your chapped lips. You taste of sweat and a hint of blood, but beneath all that is a hint of peppermint.

"Why do you taste like mint?" He asks as he pulls away.

"Leia said I needed something for my blood sugar levels," you tell him, resting a hand on the back of his neck.

"How low were they?"

"Too low for me to come here before eating a handful of mints," you answer with a smile. He places a quick kiss on your lips before walking over to the shower and turning on the water.

"Will you be okay to shower?" He inquires, turning back to where you are watching him with soft eyes.

"Yeah," you reply, beginning to slide out of the rest of your uniform. You attempt to stretch your arms up to remove your undershirt but stop with a grimace. "You know, my back feels fine but my ribs are a completely different story."

"Need some help?"

You nod your head and Poe is quick to step towards you and carefully help you with the shirt. You feel goosebumps form on your skin as you are left shirtless in front of him, but it's not the first time he has seen you this way. 

"Will the water hurt your back?" He asks as he leaves the bathroom. You step in the shower, turning on the cold water and call out to him.

"No."

You feel rude for being short with him but you can't help it. You are so tired.

You stay in the shower, until the cold water begins to have no effect on your bruises. You step out of the shower, shivering as you grab a towel. You moan.

"You okay?"

"I don't have my pajamas. I'll have to wear my sweaty mission clothes!"

"Can I come in?"

Poe enters after your murmur of agreement and grabs a pair of your pajamas and one of his shirts out of the bathroom cabinet. He returns back to you and kisses the top of your head. He later helps you slip on his t-shirt over your head.

"I didn't know you kept this here," you mumbled as he leads you out of the bathroom.

"I moved a lot of things here while you were gone. It made me feel closer to you," Poe admits in a meek voice. You slide into the bed and scoot over so that Poe can lay next to you. You roll onto your side so you can face him and bring a hand up to one of his cheeks. You run your thumb along his bottom lip and smile as he places a tender kiss to the inside of your palm.

"You could always just move all of your things in here," you suggest. His eyebrows furrow and he looks away from your face. "Don't look so scared, Poe. It was just a silly suggestion."

"I'm not scared, (Y/N)," he snorts with a smirk. "I was just thinking about what BB-8 will say when I say that we're moving."

"So that's a yes?"

"Well, you did just say it was a silly suggestion —"

"Shut up, Dameron," you laugh, leaning over to capture his lips with your own. You feel him smile into the kiss as one of his hands slide under your shirt. You pull away as you feel his hand rest on your side. "Watch the ribs, alright?"

"I know that you're hurt and all, but that was the bossiest way you could have said that," he jokes lightly.

"I could always boss you around in another way," you croon in a low voice.

"As much as I would love that, you need to rest."

"Wow, Poe Dameron actually turning down — ?"

"You're such a pain," he grumbles with a grin.

"Yeah, but I'm your pain," you shoot back as he pulls you into his arms. "I am also in pain."

He loosens his grip. You feel your eyelids getting heavier by the second.

"I love you, Poe."

"I love you, too. Now go to sleep, (Y/N)."

You rest your head under his chin. He places a comforting kiss to your forehead. You feel safe falling asleep in Poe's arms and know that this is where you belong.