40. Innocently Naughty

Start from the beginning

"I didn't... mean that.. I was just..." Khanna ji stuttered to somehow clean the raita he just spread. He was just at a finger's distance from getting insane. This girl was now scolding him for the same man whom she herself was cursing for the last two hours.

Khanna turned on his heels and entered the ward and Anika was sure she heard him saying something. May be something like Jai Mata Di ?

"Sir, Mam denied to..." Khanna stopped as Shivaay was literally spitting fire at him with his hazel eyes.

"Can't you do one small thing, Khanna ? Is My Anika so difficult for you to handle ? Can't you handle such an innocent girl ?" Shivaay asked in a tired rather than angry voice but Khanna's involuntary reply was more than sufficient to trigger his anger.

"She looks innocent, Sir, but she's actually a spitfire." Khanna did regret his treacherous tongue's deed but he was ruined already and no safety measures could save him now.

"How dare you call my spitfire a spitfire ?" Shivaay spoke not knowing what he was saying and also unaware about the condition his poor employee was in.

"Bhagwaan kahan hai tu ?" Khanna could only complaint to God as he looked towards the ceiling and seeing Shivaay's angry glare he was about to step out of the ward when he came face to face with an angry Anika.

"Spitfire, han ?" Anika asked with the same, hands on waist posture as she nodded her head up and down slowly.

Khanna's reply was still in processing in his mind when his vision blurred and finally the poor guy fainted. He was neither in the ward nor out but the door was half open and he was lying flat on his stomach at the door step.

Anika gasped and knelt beside him, trying to wake him up. Shivaay who was noticing all of this and enjoying a bit was now worried, afterall, Khanna was like a brother for him, he would keep this secret to himself always was another matter.

He immidiately stepped out of the bed and in two long strides he was beside Khanna, trying to wake him up. Khanna was a rough and tough man so it wasn't a really difficult task.

"Thank God you're fine, Khanna bhaiya. You know how scared I was." Anika sighed in relief as she side hugged Khanna who was now sitting in the middle of Shivaay and Anika. Anika's sweet gesture made Khanna smile at her antics and all his tiredness flew away. He looked at her face that was resting on his shoulder now and found her to be the same innocent sister of his.

Shivaay cleared his throat to gain the attention of the brother and sister duo. He was jealous would be an understatement because no doubt Khanna fainted, but he was more injured and Anika gave him no attention for stepping out of the bed.

"Khanna, you're really tired. I'm so sorry it's all because of me. I shouldn't have scolded you so much. You should go home and rest for a while. Go home." Shivaay said and patted his back, making him smile in gratitude.

Khanna was still smiling when he heard a voice that is more familiar to him than his own - Shivaay's shout.

Khanna's tiredness came back like a boomerang as he looked at Shivaay. Coming out of his dreamland, he got up quickly but Anika held him to give him support in case he felt dizzy again. Anika narrowed her eyes at Shivaay for looking at her Khanna bhaiya with his kanji, angry eyes so that he had to look away.