Baby Time?- Part 33

After a few days of being monitored in the hospital, you were finally released and back home. You were now supposed to be on stricter bed rest for the remaining weeks of your pregnancy. You were already going stir crazy before, so you could only imagine what it was going to be like now. But, you tried not to think about that because it was all to benefit the lives of you and your son and daughter. A smile came across your face every time you thought about them. You and Harry would have to come up with names now and that seemed so nerve-wracking. One wouldn't think it would be, but this name could essentially stay with them for the rest of their lives.

Your parents decided they would stay in town instead of flying back home, but they decided on staying somewhere else so that you and Harry still had your privacy. Harry found them a nice little apartment a few blocks over to rent for the next few weeks. You were grateful they had offered to stay because honestly, the thought of them not being here for a deliver was something you didn't want.

Yes, the doctor said you still had a few more weeks, but you also knew you could go into labor at anytime. Which also didn't help your stress level, but you tried to keep those thoughts out of your mind. You were currently laying on the couch, searching through Netflix without any luck, while Harry was in the kitchen making lunch.

"Do you need any help?" You asked.

"Even if I did, you wouldn't be the one helping me," he said.

You rolled your eyes, "I could sit down at the bar and help."

"Nope, I've got it," he said.

You groaned laying back and grabbing your phone. You scrolled through your social media, pintrest, etc, and finally Harry brought over your salad and some water.

"Thank you," you said. "Did you shake it up?"

"I did," he laughed.

"And used my favorite dressing?" You asked.

"Till the last drop," he said.

"Thank you," you smiled moving the salad around with your fork, further mixing everything up.

Harry smiled going back into the kitchen for his own salad and sitting down next to you.

"This is really good," you said with a mouthful.

"I'm happy you like it," he laughed.

"The babies love it too," you smirked rubbing your belly.

"Good," he smiled kissing your head. "Speaking of our babies, I've been thinking about names.

"Really?" you smiled. "Care to share?"

"I said I've been thinking about names, I didn't say I had any in mind," he joked.

"Oh, come on, there has to be a name or two that you like," you said.

"I'm sure there is, but I haven't found it yet," he said. "I even looked on baby name websites."

"I forgot they had those!" You laughed. "We should look at them together."

He nodded, "Be right back."

He leaned forward, placing his plate on the coffee table, before getting up and grabbing his MacBook. In the minutes, he was gone, you stole a few bites of his lunch, just as he came back.

"Excuse me," he laughed.

"Two bites, that's it," you laughed. "Now, I'm full."

He laughed sitting down and opening his laptop, "Okay, let's see should we look a girl names or boy names first?"

"Let's just look at a list," you said. "Wait for a name to peak our interest and then we go from there."

"Sounds like a plan," he smiled.

You smiled laying your head on his shoulder as he scrolled through the names. You never really realized just how many potential names there were in the world and maybe looking at the list was more of bad idea than a good one.

"I feel so overwhelmed," you laughed. "Should we narrow it down to letters?"

"Well, I've got no clue on a beginning letter, do you?" He asked.

"Not a fucking one," you laughed.

"This is going to be harder than I thought," he groaned.

"At least we still have a little bit of time," you laughed.

**

A few weeks have passed, which meant it was getting closer to the due date. Your belly was even bigger and so were your ankles. Your back was hurting and you were beyond annoyed at being on bed rest. Plus, it wasn't helping that no matter how you laid or sat, you were uncomfortable. Your doctor allowed you to get up and walk around the house in five minute increments every few hours, but even that was starting to get hard to do.

Harry was doing the best he could, but you see he was quickly getting burned out. Your parents helped out a few days to give him a break, but he still felt obligated to do everything. As much as you were ready to push these babies out of you, you were also nervous and scared about it. You were nervous about the pain and making sure everything would be okay. And you were scared about what would happened once you brought home the two babies.

You've taken care of kids before, but never your own kids, obviously. And you've never taken care of a newborn, much less two. But you would have Harry and you knew you two would be the best parents you could be, but there was still that doubt. This was a new experience and having two at once was like extra level.

You were currently sitting in the glider, rubbing your belly, looking around at the nursery. The lullaby sound machine was playing in the background and your lips formed into a smile. Despite all of your worries and concerns, you were happy. Happier than you've ever been and you knew you'd be even happier once you were holding your little babies in your arms.

You and Harry still had yet to pick names. You two had narrowed it down to a few, but decided you wouldn't make a decision until you were at the hospital and held your babies in your arms. Harry walked in, with two cups of tea, and sat down in the gilder next to you. He handed you your tea and you smiled.

"How'd you know I was in here?" You asked.

"This is the only room you haven't gotten sick of yet," he laughed.

"That's true," you giggled, taking a sip.

Harry smiled looking around, "It's so strange to think that these last few weeks will be our last moments with just the two of us. Pretty soon we'll have our babies and then maybe more babies and then eventually grandkids... even we're we'll old and grey it will never just be the two of anymore."

"Wow, I guess I never really looked at it that way," you said.

"Not that it's a bad thing," he said. "Just weird how we went from being alone, to being with each other, and then we'll be a family with little babies running around."

You smiled reaching over for his hand, "I love you," you smiled.

"I love you, too," he smiled.

Harry leaned over, pressing his lips against yours. You giggled placing your hand on his cheek. A few minutes later, you pulled away from him.

"Um, we uh, have a slight problem," you whispered.

"What's that?" he asked.

"I'm uh... I'm wet," you whispered.

He smirked, "Well, I know you're supposed to be on bed rest, but I'm sure I can help you out a bit..."

"No, no, that's not what I meant," you said pushing him away as he tried to kiss you again.

"Then what do you mean?" He asked. "Did you spill your tea?"

"Wrong again," you sighed. "I'm wet because my water just broke."