Talking It Over - Part 22

You had gone to bed after your "conversation" with your parents following dinner. You were just over the night and felt emotionally drained after everything. Harry had talked a bit with his parents before joining you in the bedroom. He changed for bed and climbed into bed, wrapping his arms around you, instantly you leaned into him.

The next morning you were dreading leaving your room. You weren't sure if your parents were still even at the house or if they had left. Once again a moment that was supposed to be one of the happiest times of your life and they were questioning it. Of course, you were still over the fucking moon about it, but you would be even happier if your parents were also over the moon about it.

You slipped out of bed, going into the bathroom and doing your little morning routine. You lifted up your shirt to look in the mirror and smiled a bit when you saw the tiny bump was a bit bigger.

"Morning babies," you whispered rubbing your hand over your belly.

"Hm, good morning in deed," Harry smirked scratching his stomach as he looked at you.

You rolled your eyes, pulling your shirt down. He walked over to you, wrapping his arms around you and kissing the top of your head. "How are you feeling?"

You shrugged, "I don't know. I keep telling myself to not let it get to me, but it's easier said than done."

"I know," he said. "But no one is expecting you to just get over it. You have a right to be upset about this, but don't let it get you too upset. It's not good for you or the babies."

"Exactly! Which is why you would think my parents, or at least my mother, wouldn't be such a bitch about it!" You mumbled.

"I talked to them last night," he said. "And I basically told them either they trust me in knowing that I would never keep you from having a career or being successful in it or they need to leave."

"Did they leave?" You asked.

"Not that I know of," he said.

"I'm not sure if I'm happy about that, or disappointed," you sighed sitting on the edge of the tub. "Because a part of me feels like if they stayed, then they must be willing to be okay with this, right? But then the other part of me is disappointed because that means I'm going to have to face them again after what happened last night."

"If it's too much for you, we could get out of the house. Maybe go with my parents or something... or just the two of us," he said. "We could do whatever you want."

"As much as I love that idea, I feel like it would be better to go ahead and get this shit over with," you sighed. "However, I do expect a raincheck for that."

"Always, love," he smiled.

**

After taking a shower and getting dressed, you and Harry headed downstairs to face the music. You didn't see your parents downstairs, but you did see them out in the backyard. The smell of coffee was evident throughout the kitchen.

Harry kissed your head, "What are you feeling for breakfast?"

"Pancakes," you answered.

He laughed, "Coming up," he smiled.

"I uh... I think I'm going to go talk to my parents," you said. "Unless you need help."

"I'm good," he said. "But if it gets to be too much for you, I could maybe use help setting the table."

You nodded, squeezing his his hand before walking out to the backyard. Your parents were sitting on the swing outside sipping their coffee. They looked like the parents you remembered. The ones who always supported you and was there for you. Your father noticed you first, and you felt nervous as you approached them.