Positive or Negative? - Part 17

Harry pulled into the driveway and went straight into the house. He threw his keys in the basket on the table near the door and took off his coat to hang on the hook. He went into the kitchen and poured himself some water before downing the entire glass.

"Baby!" He shouted. "I'm home,"

No answer. Your car was in the driveway, so you were obviously home. Plus, you would have let him know if you were going to be home.

"Y/N?" He asked again.

Harry put the glass onto the counter before walking up to the bedroom. He didn't see you, but he saw the light on in the bathroom. He went inside, where he saw you sitting on the floor, tears in your eyes, holding something in your hands.

"Y/N, baby," he whispered. "What's wrong?"

You don't say anything to him. Your gaze looks up in his direction while your hand grips tighter onto the positive pregnancy test. He stares down at you with both worriedly and with confusion. He lowers to the ground, sitting next to you when he looks at the object in your hand.

His mouth opens in surprise as a tiny gasp leaves his lips. "Yo-Your pregnant."

You turned your head towards him as you closed your eyes. A tear slid down your cheek as you nodded.

"Holy shit," he breathed out.

Harry ran his hands over his face. He looked over at you, "How-how do you feel about this?"

You gulped as you shrugged your shoulders, "I don't-I don't know. I'm mostly shocked..."

"You and me both," he sighed running his hands through his hair. "I... wow..."

He took the test from your hand to stare at the positive test.

"My god," you cried. "Are we even fucking ready for this?"

"Hey, hey," Harry whispered wrapping his arms around you. "It's okay. We're gonna be okay."

"We can do this," he whispered placing his forehead against yours.

"I'm fucking terrified," you cried.

"I know," he whispered. "But we have each other."

"What if... what if I'm a terrible mother?" you sniffled.

"Never," he said wiping your tears away.

"Are you... happy?" You sniffled.

"I'm shocked... nervous... scared...but yeah..." he nodded. "I'm happy."

You scoot over to sit on his lap, cuddling into him as he wrapped his arms around you. "I love you," he whispered.

"I love you, too," you whispered back.

You placed a hand over your belly, while he put his over yours. "We're going to be parents," you whispered.

"And we're going to be the best fucking parents ever," he smiled.

**

It was a few days later and you had scheduled an appointment with an OBGYN. You and Harry were sitting in the waiting room together. Your legs shook as you fill out the paperwork. When you were finished, you knew you should walk up to the front desk, but your legs weren't exactly working. Harry slid the clipboard out of your hands and walked up to the desk.

"Here you go," he smiled. "My wife finished everything."

"Thank you, sir. The nurse will be right with you two," she answered.